Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Addison

Default Drink Coupons

Just wondering if the 4 bar drinks coupons are worth it?

Most of the money I spend on a cruise is my bar tab.

So, to minimize my expenses I noticed you can buy a coupon for 4 Bar Drinks for $19.50 on the Carnival website. Is this worth it?

I cannot remember how much a single bar drink (liquer not beer) + tip cost the last time I went.

These coupons include the tip.

Are they a good deal?
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ian

Default Re: Drink Coupons

Hi. As long as you use them to their value I am sure they are worth it. For example, you wouldn't want to use the coupons on $2.95 drink of the day specials or $3.25 domestic beers.

I have been on 7 cruises and have never bought them. Like you, I may purchase some for my January cruise.

If you want to see some actual bar menus, go here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/joebat1ark

Click on "Holiday's Gala Buffet & Menus", then on the left side "Carnival Holiday-Bar Menu + other publications"

Happy cruising!
Old November 12th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Addison

Default Re: Re: Drink Coupons

PERFECT!!

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

I noticed you went to Sting Ray City. Where was that at?

The reason I ask is we will be stopping at Belize and I believe they have a simlar excursion. Do you recommend it? I see everyone smiling in all the pictures so I bet I already know the answer. I didn't see the price of that excursion on the sheets, do you remember what it was?

Thanks again for all your help.
Old November 12th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Ian

Default Re: Drink Coupons

Hi again. Actually that is not my website but I know Stingray City is in Grand Cayman. From what I have read it is supposed to be the thing to do. Here are two more links with other sites with photos and menus, etc. I don't know where you are actually cruising but here you go anyway:

http://community.webshots.com/user/minnie64
http://home.attbi.com/~ritarz/SensationCruise/index.htm

As far as the stingrays in Belize, the carnival website calls it the Shark/Ray Alley Snorkel tour. There are no costs on their website but you can call Carnival about it. Here is what the website has to say:

Experience snorkeling at the site 'Skin Diver' magazine called one of the seven best animal dives in the Caribbean. Approximately four miles south of San Pedro's Ambergris Caye, in the Belize district, lies the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark/Ray Alley, one of the most popular snorkeling/dive sites along the barrier reef of Belize. For several years, local fishermen often cleaned their catch in this area and it is now a popular site for southern stingrays and nurse sharks. Enjoy a comfortable speedboat ride along the mangrove channels, passing Caye Chapel and Caye Caulker, before arriving at the reef. Swim amongst the many stingrays and nurse sharks in the shallow waters (8 ft.) of Shark/Ray Alley. Lunch will be served at nearby San Pedro with the opportunity to explore the shopping areas of this northernmost island resort before making the return trip to your ship. Approximately 7 hours.

Happy Cruising!