Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2002, 04:02 AM
First Mate

Default Summer clothing during winter...

Anyone out there know where someone from the getting-colder-by-the-day eastcoast can do some shopping (via internet or other) for summer attire?? My sailing isn't until the middle of March and around here, in Massachusetts, stores do not even put out bathing suits until about the end of March.........I know this because every year I have gone on a spring break during the same week in March and I always want to buy a new bikini and can't.

waters
desting 3/16/03
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Summer clothing during winter...

Hi neighbor. A first hand comment on where to purchase "new" swim wear: Sears had one of the best "very early" previews of swim wear last year in January/early Februry. I had not planned to cruise but we booked only 6 weeks out and I wanted a new suit. Also, Fruggal Fannies, had a preview sale before we sailed the last week in February. I also, just received the Newport News catalog for the 2003 swimwear. Maybe by logging onto their site, you can request a copy. I am tall with a long torso, so their tall and figure sliming suits work out very well for me at a reasonable cost. For casual wear, JCPenney is pretty good on-line and keeping checking out those "clearance racks in Filene's and Macy's. Good Luck.
Old November 12th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Summer clothing during winter...

I was in Dillards a week or so ago and they still had some swimsuits available. Of course it was rather slim pickens but you never know. I would hate to buy a suit without being able to try it on. If you went to the mall you may be able to find something. One thing for sure the price would be real low.
Old November 12th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Summer clothing during winter...

Don't worry about trying on before you buy.
I know catalog companies are pretty liberal with returns, even on bathing suits. Just go to google and do a search for bikinis and/or swimsuits and a tons of sites will come up. Of course make sure and ask what the policies are and who foots the bill for the return postage. I got mine from JCPenneys last year and didn't have to pay the shipping because they didn't have them in the stores yet. I was able to order it into the store or have it delivered at home. I think if you have it delivered to the store you don't have to pay for it until after you try it on and decide to buy it. Again I know stores are all different so ask up front.
Good Luck! and Have fun.

81 days away from Carnival Victory - Western Route
Old November 12th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Cuervo1800

I don't know where in MA you are located, but there is a swimwear shop located in Weymouth on rte 18 year round, you should have luck there. I did for my cruise last March.
Old November 15th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Passenger

waters...this is what I did...I waited until the last minute before buying anything because I was losing weight. S, at the end of the summer I thought I would be getting some great deals on sale...hahaha...nothing in my new size, (but, believe it or not, tons in my former fat size!!!lol) So, I got phone #'s to my favorite stores that had stores in the South. Told sales people what I needed & lucked out at a couple of places for some shortsets & got them on sale! Maybe that'll work for you too.Good Luck