Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2002, 09:58 AM
Su

Default Shuttle From Orlando to Cape Canaveral

Approximately how long does the drive from orlando to CC take? We are flying into Orlando on friday the day before the ship sails, spending the night in Orlando and then taking the shuttle bus to CC on Saturday morning. Also is it better to spend the night in orlando or should we take the shuttle on friday and spend the night in Cape Canaveral?? Thanks for the help.

Su
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2002, 08:32 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Shuttle From Orlando to Cape Canaveral

My wife and I was thinking about that as well as we too are arriving a day early.

We decided to rent a car via Avis, go to the port, spend the night, and then do a morning sight seeing tour. Figured it was less of a problem that way then going from an Orlando hotel, then back to the airport to catch a bus to the port.

Enjoy!

Don

Pride 12/14
Old November 22nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Shuttle From Orlando to Cape Canaveral

My husband and I are flying in two days early and we are staying in Orlando. Then, we will just take our hotel's shuttle back to the airport and catch the shuttle from there to the port. I belive that, when I purchased our shuttle, they told me that the it took about an hour or so to get to the port. The shuttle starts running at 11:00 AM for ours and runs for a few hours. I'd suggest just calling Carnival or your travel agent and they can give you more detailed information.
Old November 22nd, 2002, 03:14 PM
ShannonF

Default Re: Re: Shuttle From Orlando to Cape Canaveral

We sailed back in October and also flew in on Friday for a Saturday sailing. We spent Friday at Disney World and rented a car. On Saturday morning we dropped off the car at the airport and then boarded the bus right at the airport. We purchased transfers directly though Carnival ahead of time. I think the first bus leaves the airport at 11:00 or 11:30. It is about a 45 minute drive to the port.