Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2002, 05:25 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Conquest Questions

I will be traveling on the Conquest in Jan, and I have a few questions if anyone can help out I appreciate it. I will be in a category 11 Suite are there any special benefits that people in the suites can take advantage of, such as V.I.P things. I hear there is a V.I.P check in for people staying is category 11 and 12 suites is this true. Also how should one divide his money up , for emaple lets say i wanna bring 2000.00 for everything, should i divide it up half and half between cash and debit card or 20% cash and 80% on debit account. I know this is asking alot but this is my first cruise and so far this forum has provided the best info on all of the net and seems very nice so i thought Id ask. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 06:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

Carnival's "Skipper's Club" is a VIP check-in program to provide guests sailing in category 11 or 12 suite accommodations with expedited embarkation and special boarding privileges at all of the line's year-round home ports. Also available in New Your durning the summer cruise season.
Guests berthed in category 11 or 12 accommodation are automatically enrolled in "Skipper's Club" and need simply ask a Carnival representative upon arrival at the cruise terminal to take advantage of this program.
Old November 22nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

When in January?
We will be cruising on Jan. 12th.
All of your cruise costs will go on your cruise card, which is done by using a credit card.
We usually use cash for small purchases ashore, cc for large, and just check the charges that show on your bill for the last night of the cruise. Bring enough cash for any gambling you may want to do.
You will get preferential boarding, just tell a rep.
Have a wonderful time, and maybe we will even see you, if you are going when we are.
Cher
Old November 23rd, 2002, 01:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

We will be on the ship for the Jan 12th date also. This will be our first cruse ever, it was an engagement present to my fiance.
Old November 23rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

How wonderful, congratulations!
We are flying in on the 10th and staying at the Doubletree.
We are part of a very large group (170 some, I believe). We will be traveling with our usually cruising friends, always hope to meet new people though.
My picture appears on the Home Page under staff, so look for my husband and I.
Old November 23rd, 2002, 09:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

Great, I hope you all have a very fun time and we may run into each other. The doubletree is nice, we are from the New Orleans are. From what i have been told we are in cabin 9205 or 9206 these are suppose to be gategory 11 suites with a corner view, I just hope they live up to be what they really are and they havent changed. I have had this planned since June.
Old November 24th, 2002, 10:39 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

I don't think you will be disappointed, the cabins are very large on Carnival. We have been in the planning stages of this cruise since the day they announced the ship (over a year ago).
I hope the cruise is all you hoped it would be. Just don't let the small stuff bother you, there are always things you could dwell on (rude passenger, bad server, long lines), but if that is the worst of your trip, you will be happy.
Have a wonderful time.
Cher
Old November 24th, 2002, 05:09 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

We have a second seating requested, I have heard since we are in a suite more than likely we will be granted the second seating is this true?
Old November 24th, 2002, 09:27 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest Questions

More than likely, they always try and give you your requested seating.