Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2002, 08:42 PM
New Yorker

Default What to do with $ when going to stingray

Hi,

I will be going on a cruise this month to Western Caribbean. Would like to take the Stingray tour in Cayman. I am travelling solo. Can someone tell me if I can bring any valuable ($ to shop afterwards) to this tour...where would I keep it while I go in the water? Would appreciate your feedback. I will be carrying either cash or travelers checks, I do not have any plastic. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What to do with $ when going to stingray

Hi NY,
You should be able to pick up some of those plastic card holders, you can put your sign/sail card in and your cash. Just bring enough cash for the day. You can buy these once onboard and they are water-proof.

You'll love Sting Ray City, be sure to purchase an underwater camera at home before you leave, they are a lot more expensive once you get down to the Caribbean.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 26th, 2002, 12:48 PM
~Rob

Default Re: Re: What to do with $ when going to stingray

I went on the Stingray tour when i went on my last cruise. It was truly an adventure! I was in the water for about an whole 2 minutes. I've heard people that rant and rave over this tour so I guess i'm just weird. Anyways the stingrays swim allll over you. And plus its really kinda freaky, when i wanted to get back to the boat you have to swim the whole way because of fear of stepping on a stingray resulting in getting stung (or stuck, whatever) Anyways, sorry for being so negative. It was a pretty cool expierence nonetheless. Its kinda cool to say you swam with stingrays. My favorite shore tour was the Jeep tour in Cozumel, it was absolutely awesome!!! Anyways later

Rob

Ecstasy - June 2000
Jubilee - July 2001
Carnival Pride - June 2003
Old November 28th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: What to do with $ when going to stingray

Rob,

You sound like me. My husband wants to go on this Stingray thing, but it doesn't appeal to me... Give me the scoop on the Jeep trip and maybe I can convince him to try something else.

Merry
Old November 29th, 2002, 10:38 AM
~Rob

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do with $ when going to stingray

We went on the Survival Jeep tour, and it was a blast! Theres a whole line of like maybe 10 jeeps and one tour guide in the front. The tour guide talks on CB radios and tells you about whatever you need to know or where to go, etc. If you have a problem you pick up your CB and call him. Anways you go all though the woods and stuff through all of these trails. It was by far the best shore tour I've been on. Plus you get free sodas. After we went on the tour we went to the beach that was absolutely beautiful! We drove the jeeps to this parak type thing and then rode in a "Mexican Mobile" (Like a truck with no bed that has like 2 stories of seats, FUN) Anyways, I really recommend that tour because we all had a blast!!!!! Other people in my Party said they liked the Stingray City, soo you might want to try that too. But I personally got kinda freaked out. Anyways, have fun!! I hope they have a Jeep tour on the Eastern Caribbean route on the Pride!
Old November 30th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Passenger

To answer the original question here is a link where you can purchase the Splash Caddy waterproof fanny pack. Guaranteed waterproof as tested by the US Navy. I don't trust my money or documents to anything less.

http://www.watchfuleyedesigns.com/catalog.htm
Old November 30th, 2002, 10:39 PM
earlesgirls

Maybe I am too trusting, buy I had a back pack and just left everything on the boat. Seems like everyone else did too.