Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2002, 06:30 PM
sliver

Default first time cruiser questions

can anybody tell me whether an asian will feel comfortable or is welcome on a cruise ship
are there many asians or passengers from far east countrries travelling in cruises
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2002, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: first time cruiser questions

For a first-time cruiser, all questions are good questions.

I travel with a group of interracial and biracial couples, singles and families. Our group has included African Americans, Caucasians, and Asians. We range in age from teens to 70+. We include married couples, families, and singles.

Some of our group have cruised on Royal Caribbean. They have not had any problems on that cruise line either.

My wife and I are from different backgrounds/races. We have never had a problem on Carnival. Nobody in our cruise group has encountered any problems. We have always felt welcome.

I have seen Asian guests on every cruise I have been on. Some cruises many, some cruises fewer.

You will notice that the crew on most Carnival ships is from around the world. On a prior cruise, our waiter mentioned that the crew came from 48 different countries. They all cooperate and work together to make the cruise enjoyable for us guests. I wish that the rest of the world cooperated the same way.

I love the diversity the ship offers. So go on your cruise and have a good time. Don't worry.

If you want to know more about our interracial cruise group, go to:
http://www.ircruise.com

George
Ecstasy, Dec. '98
Imagination, Dec. '99
Fascination, Dec. 2000
Destiny, May '01
Destiny, Dec. '01
Victory, next week (12/01/02)
http://www.ircruise.com
Old November 28th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Sliver,
One of the greatest things about cruising that I have noticed is that people tend to leave all of their prejudices on shore. While cruising you will see people from all nationalities, races, sexual preferances, religious backgrounds and cultures and they all seem to get along wonderfully. You will most likely see many Asians onboard. Go and enjoy and love the chance to get to know others and enjoy the differing cultures each brings with them.
Jim

Old November 29th, 2002, 12:38 PM
sliver

Default Re: Re: first time cruiser questions

thank you george and jim - i guess i am more convinced now to go on a cruise
Old November 30th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Passenger

The modern cruise ships are todays melting pot. You should go and don't worry about anything except having a good time.
Old December 2nd, 2002, 12:02 AM
Sue Sue

Sliver, We have had the pleasure of cruising with many Asians and other folks from around the world. My son's girlfriend is Filapino; We met many Filapino people on board our last March cruise and were fortuante to have a Filapino waiter. She was able to speak Tgalog to everyone which was an added bonus to our trip. Meeting people with different backgrounds is a wonderful part of cruising. You should not have a problem. Get out and about, meet and greet, you will have a great time.
Old December 2nd, 2002, 12:33 AM
Captain

Our first cruise was in the late 80's. While on that cruise we met, dined, and
enjoyed the company of a really nice asian couple, along with others.
On our last cruise, a month ago, we met and enjoyed the company of a
older (60's ??) couple from Japan. (I think they were from Japan, we never
understood a word they said.)
Race, age, gender, looks, abilities, disabilities, nor any of the other hang-ups,
will effect your cruise. Go, book today, when you get back, book your next one.