Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Rieker

Default Prescriptions

My wife wonders if she can consolidate her pills into one container for convenience sake, or should she take each one in its original container? Sailing on Carnival in January.

Rieker
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Prescriptions

Hi Rieker,
If its easier for her, she can consolidlate them, just make sure to keep them in your carry-on and with you. Unfortunately sometimes, luggage can get lost or mis directed and then she will have her meds.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 30th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

As a nurse I wouldn't consolidate them...you never know when some customs agent here or in a foreign country will get their undies in a knot and decide to make life miserable - you could avoid that by carrying copies of the prescriptions themselves if you do consolidate them. I also always carry my OTC meds (over the counter) in their original containers too - but I think I am overly cautious.

Old November 30th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Prescriptions

Lisa is sooo right. Just went on our phone cruise and believe me definitely do not I repeat don't consolidate them. I orginally did and then some advise from people not to the night before stood and separated them again all 10 prescriptions for family members. I didn't want to take the chance of customs giving me a problem as I was picked out at airport twice and they took my key chain away from me which was a gold imitation of a large diaper pin which was given to me so why look for any other trouble. have fun.
Old December 3rd, 2002, 11:17 PM
Passenger

Oh boy...don't get me started on that one! NEVER take prescription medications out of the original containers while on vacation!!! Not so much for security checks as for your own safety! If you were to have a personal emergency, would your significant other really know the names of your medications? Let alone the fact they are jumbled up in a container for someone to waste precious time sorting and trying to identify those meds! The emergency medication you may need in an instant could very well be your downfall if it interacts with the meds you have already taken....but no one knows the names of! Sometimes, seconds saved are precious! Don't do it!
Cathy

Old December 4th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Sue Sue

Ask your pharmacist for courtesy scripts. He or she could print out officials labels and put the meds in small ziplock or paper envelopes.