Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Default Questions for Legend

I have posted several times, but I still have questions:

1. Is the seperate restaurant worth the extra $$, and what is the best night to eat there?

2. Which port has the best shopping (St. Maarten, Martinique or Barbados)

3. What time does Carnival start boarding?

Any insights would be great

Legend 4/03
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Questions for Legend

Can't help with number one or number three, but on number two I would say the best bargains and shopping are on St. Maarten.

Old December 4th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to randk

Can not say anything about the legend, we just did the spirit, the sister ship. Same ports of call. The Nouveau Supper Club on the Spirit was well worth the extra money. Great service, Great food. They bring out a sample of the meats that are being offered and give a nice describation of the meal, they pamper you and treat you as if you are the only one around. Try it you will be glad you did. I would have to say that St Martin was the better port to shop in. Lots of shops and do dads. Nice place to eat lunch is the Cafe Paris. The roof top dining is nice, good view of the street below. Had the snapper sandwich which was really good. Decent prices. It is down the street from the Guavaberry Store and acoss from the Air Mango store. As far as boarding I cant really help you there. We were able to board in Miami at around 1130 or 1200. One thing I will ask of you is this, my wife and I will be sailing on the Legend, March of 2004. Can you please let me know what you think of the ship and the port. Thanks alot.
Old December 5th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Questions for Legend

Hey Billie Jo

When in April are you on the Legend? We are sailing on 4/19

Kathy
Old December 5th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Can't help you with 1 or 3 can help with #2.Barbados has some nice shopping at the pier , but downtown will remind you more of whatever small city is nearest to you.
Martinique has a shopping bazaar of sorts downtown selling souvenirs and the shops
aoffer nothing all that spectacular ( the 'look" of the area would remind one of New Orleans). St Martin is considered by many to be one of two shopping "capitals" of the islands . The other being St. Thomas.
So what to do? Do beach or water sports in Martinique, the same for Barbados and do whatever shopping you need there right in the port area, save your credit card balance for St Martin.
Old December 5th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to board.
lemarier - We are going on the 3rd. I will post a review when I get back.

Legend 4/03
Old December 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Robocop

1. Yes, the food in the Golden Fleece is wonderful, just as all CCL food seems to be now, but the attention and service it top notch as well and it is quite an experiance.
2. St Maarten is the prefered shopping area especially for electronics, booze, etc. On the other side, (French) you can get some terrific deals on perfume.
3. You will probably begin boarding sometime around noon or a little earlier depending on how fast they can clear customs and Immigration from the preceeding cruise.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old December 5th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Suzie

Randk,

My sister and I are also booked in March, 04 on the Legend. We are doing back to back southern and western- 03-20 and 03-28. Such a long-g-g time to wait!

Suzie