Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 4th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Su

Default General Questions about Carnival

Hi,

I am a first time cruiser and have a few questions about some policies on Carnival ships. I willing be sailing on the Carnival Pride on 12/28/02 and I was wondering about the pop cards that carnival offers. How much does one of these cards cost for a 7 day cruise? What exactly does it get you? Do you have to pay for such drinks as orange juice or other such juices?? Thanks for the help.

Su
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: General Questions about Carnival

The pop cards get you all the pop you want for something like 30.00 for the week per person if I remember correctly....kids are cheaper....as for juices, at breakfast you can get all you want...throughout the day you can get all the iced tea and lemonade that you want for free....hope that helps!
Old December 4th, 2002, 04:40 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: General Questions about Carnival

OJ, in the morning, apple juice, fruit punch, lemonade, and iced tea is available at no extra charge in machines in all the lido deck eating areas.

The adult soda card is about $30 and the under 21 card is about $20. It is good for fountain soda in a glass. Unlimited refills. You can't get the plastic 20 oz bottles or cans of soda with the card, just one glass at a time. It depends on how much soda you drink daily to tell you if it is a good deal. We just drink the juice that is free.
Old December 19th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: General Questions about Carnival

Thanks for the info. I too will be travelling on Carnival dec. 28, but on the Imagination, and with 2 very thirsty 14yr.olds. Was wondering how to afford drinks for them!

Old December 20th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: General Questions about Carnival

When we cruise with our kids they only drink what is available to them free. We do not allow them to get soda, the fruit drinks and water are better for them along with us adults!
Old December 21st, 2002, 02:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: General Questions about Carnival

We are traveling on a cruise with 4 teens this June. Three of them are ours. All of them are bringing their own spending money. All of the teens are in one cabin. So, we don't worry about soda cards for them. If they want soda cards, they buy them. If they want to spend all of their money in the video arcade, that is their choice. This approach is much easier for us parents and it teaches the kids to prioritize what they spend their money on. Between now and the cruise, our teens can earn spending money by, a) doinig extra chores around the house, or b) a part-time job after school. Our house is very clean these days, due to the extra cleaning chores.

;-)

George
http://www.ircruise.com
Ecstasy, Dec. '98
Imagination, Dec. '99
Fascination, Dec '00
Destiny, May '01
Destiny, Dec. '01
Victory, Dec. '02
Old December 21st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: General Questions about Carnival

When our family went on a Disney cruise last year I brought along a couple of cases of soft drinks and bottled water (something that I learned about on a bulletin board). I have one of those fold-up luggage carts and I packed this on the plane. On the way to the ship we stopped at a grocery store and stocked up on the drinks. I just wheeled the whole thing along with me during the check-in process. A little gauche? Perhaps. The only comments that I got were something on the order of: "Good idea - wish I had thought of that"

Jim