Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Mona

Default FANTASY cruise was Great!!!

I read the entries on this site every day looking for anything I could find out about what I was about to experience. And I learned alot of very helpful things. I went on my first cruise on October 27th on the ship Fantasy. I had not read very many nice things about this ship and I was very nervous about what I would find when I got to the port in Florida.
Let me tell you:

IT WAS GREAT. From the time we drove into the parking lot at the pier we had no problems. Parking was easy. Checking in and boarding was easy. From the time we drove into the parking lot to the time we walked into our cabins was probably 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. And we checked a few things out on our way to the cabin. Piece of cake!
The room was very comfortable. Our room steward was exceptional. He asked our name when we go there and from that time on he addressed us by our name every time. He was very personable. Our cabin was always clean. Every crew person on the ship was very friendly and helpful. I normally get motion sickness watching a merry-go-round, but decided to give the ship a try with medication if needed. When I first got on I was a little light headed and needed a bonine, but by evening, everything was fine and I did not need it again for the rest of the cruise. My daughter was in Camp Carnival age 9-11 and we rarely saw her. One night was a "Super Party" for her age group from 10:00pm to 3:am. At 1:45am we went to get her thinking she would be sleeping on the floor by then, but she begged us to stay until it was over at three. Definately something she will always remember. She has been asking me since we got off the ship, "When are we going again?" The Bahamas were pushy but beautiful. Meals on the ship were wonderful. Definately enough to eat. Our head waiter encouraged us to order more than one meal. Lobster with our Prime Rib, Shrimp with our steak. It was great! You will always find something to do on the ship. If you are not doing something, its your fault. Getting off the ship was just as easy as getting on. we were off the ship, through customs and loading our car within 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. We had a GREAT time and can't wait for our next cruise.
Thank you Carnival! Thank you Crew on the Fantasy!
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: FANTASY cruise was Great!!!

Hmm, can't imagine what not nice things you read as we were on her last year and very much enjoyed it. She was the oldest ship we ever were on but she's a good one. I am glad that you took that with a grain of salt and had a great time. So when is your next cruise and where?

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old December 7th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Mona

Default Re: Re: FANTASY cruise was Great!!!

I haven't booked one YET, but I was thinking Mexico.
Old December 7th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: FANTASY cruise was Great!!!

We are doing the Mexican Riveria out of LA in Feb. This is something different for us because we have done the caribbean 3 times and Bahamas once. Can't wait, our kids hate us because just my husband and I are going and my sister and her husband are joining us. Once you cruise you either are hooked or dislike it. My family teases me because all I do is surf for great deals and give advice on the boards!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old December 8th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've been on the Fantasy twice. Once in 1990 and again in August of 2002. both times were great even though the lighting in the Universe lounge was broken (so all shows canceled) in 2002. This is a fantastic ship. If all the bad things about the fantasy are true then I'm really going to love next years cruise on the Glory. A fantasy fan forever!

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003
Old December 8th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Passenger

That's wonderful you had such a great time! I like hearing that -- with cruising you have to take the good with the potential bad and just go with the flow...if something happens, deal with it and don't let it bother you (seems like some people don't know how to do that). But it does my heart good to hear about your extraordinary enjoyment -- and makes me anxious to get on board our Legend cruise jan. 5!

Have fun selecting that next cruise! :>) - Amanda
Old December 8th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Passenger

O BOY O BOY O BOY!!!!! I am so happy to hear you had fun. Only 28 more days till my Fantasy cruise & I am climbing the walls!!! Thank God its the holidays & time is flyng by!!!! (Still no docs...should I be worrying yet???)
Old December 9th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Mona

Don't worry, you'll get them any time now. Have a GREAT TIME!!!!!
Old December 9th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Admiral

I love the Fantasy. I'm thinking of booking another 4-dayer next month. For us it's such a perfect, and I mean perfect, get-away. We can drive to the port in 90 minutes, we wait until the last minute to book so we get great rates, I can be back to work on Thursday so I only burn 3 vacation days, and the ship, food and crew are fantastic.

Glad you had a good time.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Admiral

I'm glad you enjoyed the Fantasy. I went in September and had a super time. She's a lovely ship and truely has something for everyone. My biggest complaint was that the cruise was too short.

Cheers,
Michelle B.