Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2002, 09:25 AM
MeganFC

Default Shake Rattle And Roll On Carnival Jubilee

First, let me start by saying that my husband and I sailed on the Carnival Fascination out of Miami last year and we LOVED it!! So, that's why we booked our second cruise through them as well.

We sailed out of Galveston, Texas on November 30, 2002 on the Carnival Jubilee. It was our 6 year Anniversary so we were thrilled at the fact that we could drive down to Galveston from Dallas and get a cruise as an Anniversary gift to each other.

Everything was fine until the ship got under way. It was then that we noticed the
vibration. Not a small vibration either. This was like being on a possesed vibrating
bed or something! It NEVER stopped until the ship was in port and the engines were turned off. Come to find out later, that Carnival knew about this problem - as far back as 1998 - and NEVER took care of it. We'd be in the funnel grill on the Lido deck and you'd see ceiling tiles bouncing up and down! Display cases on the Main deck were rattling loudly. We got it on video. It was miserable.

Over 3/4 of the people on board were becoming sick because of it. My husband, who served in the Navy for 6 years, even said it was the roughest ship he had ever been on!!

Add to that problem, the fact that the entire crew (with the exception of 3 people)
were rude and you have the cruise from you know where!! Crew members were
snapping at passengers. Our cabin steward skipped our cabin entirely one time and did a very poor job on it the rest of the cruise.

The so called band ('Music Forever') sounded like my brother's garage band. They
couldn't play and they couldn't sing. They didn't even know the words to the songs
they were trying to sing! For example, in the song 'Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown' the line is
"badder than old king kong" but they sang "bad as that town hall king kong."
What??????

There was no 'fun' feeling to this cruise. People sat around bored on the Lido deck
and drank the day away. We nick named this trip the Booze Cruise, as that's all there was to do - drink! They gave bottles of booze away every chance they had. It was the prize in almost every game they played or every raffle they had.

If this had been our first Carnival cruise, it would have been our last! It is our last on
the Jubilee and on any Holiday Class Ship.

AVOID THIS SHIP AT ALL COSTS!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Shake Rattle And Roll On Carnival Jubilee

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I went on the Jubilee in May and it was nothing like you described. We went through some rough seas and the ship did roll quite a bit, but only on one day, and it was bearable. When we went, the crew was friendly and accomodating, and the entertainment was top-notch. It could be that because that was our first cruise, we were thrilled with everyone and everything. But it just goes to show that not everyone's experiences, even on the same vessel, are exactly the same.

My suggestion would be to try a newer ship or a different cruise line. Hope you have a better time next cruise!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old December 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
teresa ann

Default Re: Shake Rattle And Roll On Carnival Jubilee

My husband and I sailed on the Jubilee in October. There was no vibration or rattling cases. It was smooth sailing all the way and this was two days after Hurrican Lili came trhough. The staff was excellent and accomodating.

I'm sorry you had a bad trip.