Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:55 PM
katrina

Default Paperwork

We have been making payments for the last couple of months for our cruise in Feb 03 on the Sensation...we recently made the final payment, how soon after this payment has been posted will we receive our documents for the cruise? Is there anything we can do ahead of time to make sure that everything is in order? We have our birth cert, marriage cert and drivers license (now that I look at my it has expired?!?!) We booked our flight and it is still on schedule, checked out the local taxi services/cost that is, sharing with another couple who gets in the airport about the same time we do (12N), how soon can we board and can you tell me if I have left something out?? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Mary Ann

Default Re: Paperwork

Katrina,

Your documents should arrive in a few weeks. Carnival sends them out once they get full payment. If you want call the airlines and get your seats assigned therefore if you like the window or aisle you can request them. It sounds like you have everything else under control. Just sitting back and waiting is all that is left. Also, you can usually board the ship starting around 11:30 am. depends on the ship.

Happy Sailing,

Mary Ann
Old December 16th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Paperwork

My group is leaving on Jan 4th, Holiday. We made our final payment in October but just got our documents. I was informed they arrive about 3 weeks before the cruise.
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:54 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Paperwork

We generally get them about a month before sailing. We book our airfare on our own, I have heard that if you book your airfare with the cruiseline it can hold up the documents a little longer, about a week. If you don't have them at the three week to go mark then I would give your TA (or Carnival if you booked thru them) a call just to make sure everything is in order and ask them to send you a UPS or FedEx tracking number when they do mail the docs.