CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Holiday??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/189654-carnival-holiday.html)

scott and Renee December 19th, 2002 09:01 AM

Carnival Holiday???

I going on a Cruise on the Carnival Holiday out of New Orleans on FEb 1 2003. Just wondering if anyone has ever been on this ship?? Any input would be great.

Thanks

hiester46714 December 19th, 2002 10:29 AM

Re: Carnival Holiday???

I've never been on this ship (or any other, for that matter!) but I will be on January 4, 2003. I can let you know when I get back...

Happy Camper December 20th, 2002 01:43 PM

I've been on her sister ships (exact same layout and built within a year or so of each other) the Celebration three times and the Jubilee once. They are smaller ships in that they carry about 1400 people which we like since you see the same people over and over more than on the 2000 people ships. They are easier to get around too since they are smaller. We'd go on them again. New Orleans is a great city and I'd recommend spending the night if you aren't already before the cruise. Word of warning, these ships do not have the big open Centrum area in the middle like the newer ships do. They do have a center area but it is one story tall with the pursers and shore excursion desks. This didn't bother us at all but I don't want you to be disappointed. It is a great ship and I hope you have a wonderful time. By the way the very back outside cabins on the Upper deck vibrate a lot but they are twice the size of a normal Carnival cabin and have huge widnows over looking the wheel wash. We love these cabins! Debbie

lindalu December 21st, 2002 11:09 AM

I was on the Holiday November 2001 and had a great time! Read my review elsewhere in this site. We took a different itinerary -- but we did the New Orleans itinerary on a different Carnival ship. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any q's

Worried December 24th, 2002 10:38 PM

Re: Carnival Holiday - any Norwalk problems???

Looking for any input on whether Norwalk has infected the Holiday.

-Rob December 27th, 2002 02:37 PM

I'm 15 and the Jubilee (sister ship to Holiday) was my 2nd carnival cruise. As far as what "Happy Camper" said about he likes the smaller ships because there easier to get around, we had a different expierence. Although the ship is smaller, you think its easier to get around, but the layout kinda sucked. On the Ecstasy ( a lil' bigger than the Jubilee) we got around a lot easier. My family came to the conclusion, smaller ships are great for 1st time cruisers, but when you have a larger ship to compare it to, you really see where small ships lack. I'm sooo sorry if I discouraged you, but you will have a great time anyways. Dont get me wrong, we had an awesome time on the Jubilee, we just prefer the Fantasy class ships or higher. Have a great time!!!! By the way, were going on the Carnival Pride which is 963 ft long, 88,500 tons, and hold approx 2,124 passengers. Ohh and one more thing about not seeing the same person too often. On the Jubilee this one like 10 year old would follow me and my friends allllll around the ship alllll the time!!!! lol anyways, have a great vacation!!!!!

RobAtJICS@betaweb.org