Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Yeoman

Default Kudos to Carnival!!

Last week I sailed on the Inspiration ship out of Tampa. Quite frankly my expectations were not very high, however I was pleasantly surprised. This was my 12th cruise and first time for Carnival. You won't see columns, beautiful statues or dolphins at the pool, but you will be well fed, have fun and receive great value for your dollar. Over the years I have sailed on Sitmar, Cunard (transatlantic crossing, Princess, NCL, Costa and RCI. I found my cabin to be larger than most, food and service outstanding and the dining room waiters can sing and dance. For a fun inexpensive vacation you can't beat Carnival!
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Kudos to Carnival!!

welcome to Carnival. See what you have been missing!
Old December 25th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Kudos to Carnival!!

Hear, hear we feel the same about Carnival!
Old December 25th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Sue Sue

It was great to see your input Carol. As with anything, don't knock it until you try it. I agree with you that you that the bells and whistles one may find on other lines may not be on a Carnival ship. However, I for one like the overall value.
Old December 25th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the 1st-person review, glad to hear it was a success as I'm travelling with Carnival for the 1st time in only 2 days' time. I'll let you know how it turns out! Donna.
Old December 30th, 2002, 09:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Kudos to Carnival!!

We are booking our third Carnival soon. It is tops in our book. Always great service and we enjoy the atmosphere. Glad to hear you liked it too. Char
Old December 31st, 2002, 09:41 AM
Dave & Tracy

We are going on our third Carnival cruise in March we were wondering if we had made the right decision and not try other lines. Glad to hear you enjoyed Carnival and thanks for making us feel we made the right choice.
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Just back from 5 day New Year's cruise with CArnival (Imagination) and I have to agree with you, it was great value for money. The ship was very clean, our cabin was comfortable and a good size, the food was fantastic and plentiful, and the staff, from the cruise director down to the stewards, waiters and maintenance people were the friendliest and most cheerful I've ever encountered. Not to mention the fabulous New Year's Eve bash on the lido deck - WOW! Wish I could do it again!
Old January 8th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Carol, that is great news. Especially over a holiday period where there tends to be a lot of families who cruise, it was rewarding to learn you had a good time. As you experience the newer class of Carnival ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, you may find the more elegant decor with statues in marble by the pool, art work worth millions, and spa services that can't be beat along with good food and entertainment. After 10 cruises, we too jumped ship and gave Carnival a try with very positiive results. We will sail again with them on the new Legend in April.
Bon Voyage
Old January 12th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Familiar Face

We did the Victory over Christmas. What a good job Cranival did handling over 3.500 people. The service was outstanding. All the staff was very helpful and friendly. It was a very fun time.