Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Jenny24

Default Conquest Topless Deck?

Does the Conquest have a Topless Deck and what are the rules and regulations for it? Are men allowed?
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

Jenny,
Yes this ship has a topless area. Rules are that while topless is allowed there is no bottomless allowed. Also cameras and video cams are not allowed there. Men are allowed up ther but children are not. Men will be stared at with evil eyes from any topless lady if they are up their by themselves but those with their wives and girlfriends are welcomed. The deck is on one of the uppermost decks and it is pretty well screened from the rest of the ship so unless you stand up beside the railing without a top on you should not be viewed. You will occasionally have a few immature amles that will appear up there and pretend to talk to one another while looking out over the rest of the ship while the other stares at the topless ladies. They are really discouraged and get the nastiest looks that women can do and have actually been told to grow up and leave by not just the women but sometimes by the bodyfriends/husbands. All in all, it isn't a big deal in the Caribbean and most people could care less.
Jim

Old December 26th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

Now please don't get me wrong here. I have been on a lot of Carnival ships and most have a topless deck, usually by the funnel and it's usually higher than the other decks.
I have been on the topless decks, with my wife ( who was not topless ) and without my wife. I did not do it to gawk at someones mammary glands, ( as at age 55, I have seen a few in my time ). Simply because the sign says "tops optional" or something similar doesn't mean one has to go topless to be there. It merely means that if the urge hits you to don the top, feel free to do so.
Now here is what I fail to understand completely; If you are on a ship, beach or any other public place and deliberately go to a topless section, voluntarily take off you top and plop down, then how can you expect that someone not see you, and if they do, then why get upset? I'm not talking about someone who is obviously gawking and has their eyes out on stems: But to assume that every man or men who may walk by is there to gawk or ogle is a little much. After all, the signs don't sayyou have to take the top off, or that no men are allowed--only that tops are optional.
Old December 26th, 2002, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

Ron, I agree with you. The ones that get the dirty looks are the ones that are up there obviously gawking for no other reason than to be childish. Like you, I have been around long enough that it just isn't interesting. Actually my wife and I have discovered that the topless area on the Spirit Class is really a wonderful area to sit and sun and read and I'm the only one topless between us. <G> Last time we were up there there were probably a dozen people and I think only one or two were sans top. The rest like us were just looking for a nice quite uncrowded area. Now having said that, I still would not feel right relaxing up there without my wife. Some might think I am dirty old man and looking at them and some may get ticked off because I am not looking at them. <G>
Jim

Old December 27th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

Jim,

You are right in every way with one exception. The topless bathers are up there because they enjoy the "au natural" topless sun bathing. If they are getting stared at by the "boys" who want to take a look, so be it. My wife (she goes topless) and I always get a laugh out of the way these men go about trying to sneek peeks. They all seem to pull the same act as you described. This pattern never changes and we think it is funny. It does not bother us as we are accustomed to this ritual, as well as most other sunbathers who go topless on Carnival. Those who do take offense should not be on this deck, but go to a private beach were they won't be "gauked" at. I enjoy reding your comments and wish you a happy new year.

Adventure Of The Seas

Old December 27th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

There is a definate 'routine' and my wife and I go into fits of laughter whenever we see the obligatory "gawkers" take station by the railing. I have had friends with us that didn't believe it until we told them to watch and discribed what they would do before doing it. One stands sideways watching the topless ladies while 'talking' to the other who is gazing out over the other decks or off towards the distant sea. After a period of time they swap places so they both get a turn. <> So predictable!
Jim

Old December 27th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

Once at St. Maarten My wife and I had a disagreement. I finally threatened to take all my clothes off and run up and down the beach in the buff. She quickly came around to my way of thinking as she just couldn't stand to see me booed and hissed off the beach !!
( Rodney Dangerfield in the nude ??? )
Old December 27th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MattADL
Default Re: Re: Conquest Topless Deck?

every cruise i have ever been on NOBODY was ever topless on the topless deck they dont even need it
Old December 27th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Captain

The topless area on the ships I have been on have been occupied mainly by
people wanting a quiet, relaxed place to sun themselves.
Some are topless, some are not. No one ever seemed to care.
It usually has fewer occupants per square foot than the rest of the sun decks.
Old December 27th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Passenger

If you look at this photo I took on our Dec. 1-8 cruise, you will be able to see where the topless deck is located on the Conquest. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...57652611xkAHAF Right where you see the "Carnival Conquest" sign is where it is located. Notice the railing going around with some white vinyl on the railing also. This is the deck and where it is located. There is NO sign saying when you walk up the steps that it is the topless deck. Nor is there anything saying that no cameras are allowed.

Brian

Feel free to check out the rest of my photos over on webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/vegaspitboss

Post Edited (12-27-02 22:22)