Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2003, 09:39 AM
candy

Default Legend Jan 13th kuki's group any documents yet?

It is a week before departure have not received documents from bestpricecruises. Is anyone else having problems?
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver
Default Re: Legend Jan 13th kuki's group any documents yet?

My brother and I are on the Victory on Jan 19, and yesterday my t.a. said that Carnival has not even printed his docs yet!
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hi Candy....
Yes, the entire group's were delayed... guess all the holidays caused some delay. We received our yesterday actually, which must mean the entire groups is out.

I'd sent out a group e mail last week mentioning the delay.. and that Best Price assured everyone would have documents IN HAND by Jan. 7 at the latest.

It must be me.. the last 5 or 6 cruises I've done I don't think I've got my docs more than 1 week prior to cruising.

Not to worry.. they are on their way! C ya on the ship!

Regards,
Kuki

Old January 3rd, 2003, 03:23 PM
Admiral

I just heard from Best Price Cruises, and all the documents are IN, being examined for errors and will be sent out ASAP!
The apologized profusely for the delay, but did explain the delay to me. Reasonable explanation!!!

Sure EVERYONE should have them by Monday!!

Regards,
Kuki

Old January 3rd, 2003, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Legend Jan 13th kuki's group any documents yet?

We also haven't gotten our docs. Spoke to Bestprices today, TA told us that the docs were in and will be mailed this weekend.

Ev & Bob
Old January 3rd, 2003, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Legend Jan 13th kuki's group any documents yet?

Hey Kuki, how did you happen to get yours before us - especially since you are the furthest away? Hope to get ours by Monday - especially since we live in the same part of the state of Florida as Best Price Cruises. Did you receive the Federal forms that are supposed to be filled out and sent to the cruise line before the cruise? Heard that starting January 1st, the cruise lines must have all pertinent info on each passenger 3 days before sailing - or boarding can be denied.
Cindy
Old January 3rd, 2003, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Legend Jan 13th kuki's group any documents yet?

Hi Cindy... because of the delay in getting the group's documents out, Carnival sent our documents (as well as 3 other cabins of friends coming from here) directly to us to insure they got here in time.
Deliver to Canada can, and almost always does, take extra time, and some of the group (unfortunately not me) are going in to Ft Laud. earlier. TNormally the TA gets them, checks them for errors and relays them to passengers. I did the checking on this set.

Later delivery of docs is not uncommon with groups, however this time there was another small glitch combined with the holidays that delayed them a bit longer.

I understand everyone likes to touch and feel them, but not to worry... they are coming! This will soon be a thing of the past as it won't be too long before the cruise lines go to e-tickets.

As for other documentation necessary. I believe the Cruise Line has all the information they need already. I have heard differently, and there were no extra forms to fill out, in the document package.

Regard,
Kuki

Old January 3rd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

We don't have our yet and our friends in NY haven't received theirs either. They are flying down next Saturday in the am....I think I'll call Bestbuy and tell them to send their docs to me. IWe have never been so close to a cruise and not have the docs in our hands...it's not a good feeling!!
Nancy