Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2003, 10:06 AM
A GUY

Default BATHING SUITS

What kinds of bathing suits do women and men mostly wear on the Carnival Cruises? Are the ladies all walking around in bikinis?
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: BATHING SUITS

Some do, and some don't. There are also those that who do and shouldn't. <G> The men usually wear 'baggies' fortunately but there are always those few that wear those disgustng speedo's. I have no idea what they are thinking as all the ladies I know dispise them.
Jim

Old January 6th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: BATHING SUITS

Darn!

I was going to wear one of those suits! Then with my gut hangin over the front and my butt hangin out every where elese I could go to the topless deck for inspiration
Old January 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Guys<

Recently back from Brilliance and I must say there were some very interesting speedos!
(Semi-thong) Trust me the ladies were certainly not bashing them! <>

Leslie

Vision - 3/2/03
Monarch - 6/03
Radiance - 8/03
Mercury - 11/03
Old January 6th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Just back from the Imagination, and most guys were in the long baggy shorts style, and the women - well, anything goes! My husband's tongue is still hanging out!!
Old January 6th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Sue Sue

Let me tell you folks; I am 44 yrs old; two kids in college and still have the build of a 21 year old Sports Illustrated Cover Girl; I will be there with my Thong!!! Believe this and I have a very....very , large bridge to sell. I think one of my husband's and my favorite past time is spotting the interesting bathing attire.
Old January 6th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

What ship are you on. and how much for that bridge?
Old January 7th, 2003, 12:32 PM
First Mate

Here's some advice for guys wearing the baggy style of men's swim suits: make sure that you get ones with nylon fabric.

Last month, on the Carnival Victory I attempted to go down the water slide, but my swim suit fabric didn't provide much "slide." I got stuck part way down the water slide. It would seem that the cotton or blended-fabric suits don't slide as well as the nylon kind.

After a couple more attempts, I was able to slide backwards down the water slide on my back. Yeah, the Carnival lifeguard yelled at me for doing this. Needless to say, said swimsuit is in the trash.

George
Ecstasy, 12/98
Imagination, 12/99
Fascination, 12/00
Destiny, 5/01
Destiny, 12/01
Victory, 12/02
Gonna sail Conquest, 12/03
Old January 7th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Captain

Default Another Hint

Do not buy a swimsuit for your vacation without trying it out (wet) at home first.
I bought a new swimsuit, down the slide, into the pool, out to the deck,
where I was notified by my wife that the material becomes transparent when wet.
Having nothing special to advertise, I made a quick, towel wrapped retreat to my
cabin. Buyer Beware.
Old January 15th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Thank you for your opinion regarding men's swimwear. As a dedicated speedo and thong wearing male I can tell you what I'm thinking. I think it's enjoyable to be out there in the sun, getting a nice tan, staying comfortable, and swimming without dragging three pounds of wet fabric wrapped around my legs. On a cruise we come into contact with a huge cross section of society; if you don't like the way someone's clothing or swimsuit or body looks kindly look the other way please. Some people like myself are so selfish that we don't allow current fashion trends or the opinions of others to dictate our clothing choice, believing personal comfort and preference is more important. My wife and I are currently struggling, trying to make our teenage daughter understand that if she relies on others to make her happy, she's going to be continually disappointed; it's up to her to find her own happiness. If you can't be happy on a ship surrounded by people of all types, or in the dining room with people dressed to a lower standard than yours, then you have my sympathies. I've only been on two cruises, but enjoyed them both immensely. I don't wear a suit or a tux to the dining room, but I don't go looking like a slob either. I wear a speedo on the pool decks and enjoy the beautiful weather. I wear a thong on the adult deck and enjoy the sun on my buns. Cruises are now affordable for the lower class segment of society too, so you can bet that dress codes will continue to get less exclusive also. Can't everyone just enjoy the cruise and quit worrying about what everyone else is wearing? Andy
Old January 15th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Captain

Default You da man Andy

I totally agree with you. (although a thong is just not me)
Why does everyone have to try to impress everyone else.
Just GO. Enjoy yourself, quit comparing fashion statements.
Old January 15th, 2003, 05:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: You da man Andy

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03
Imagination99
Sensation94,96,98,01
Jubilee92,97,00
Festival87
Old January 15th, 2003, 06:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Another Hint

My daughter in her twenties, had a very beautiful yellow suit, first time she came out of the water...oh my.....needless to say that one was never worn again.
Old January 16th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Admiral

I like the attention I get when I wear my speedo! Of course I am well buffed and look good in it.

Old January 16th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

We certainly do come in all shapes and sizes. This will be our 11th cruise next week on the Victory and I must say that nothing surprises me any more on the top decks when the sun is shining brightly! There have probably been some who could have covered up a little more (and some a little less). I have seen some bathing suits that clearly came out of the 50's and some that just plain came out! Some ATtire probably should have been REtired decades ago. Says Who? Wear it if you are comfortable with it. We always say, "I'm never going to see these people again", so WEAR WHAT YOU WANT! EAT WHAT YOU WANT! EAT WHAT YOU WEAR! I DON'T CARE! You will not shock me, make me upset or give me a bad cruise experience if you wear your speedo or your thong on a body that is shaped more like Bo Diddley than Bo Derek. That is one reason many of us enjoy cruising so much. I am a "professional" in my occupation, and as such I must dress and eat and "perform" a certain way every day. It is SO NICE to get on a cruise ship and do whatever - whenever (within the guidlines of the company). It is refreshing to be able to "let my hair down" (kareoke here I come) and not have to constantly think "what will THEY think if I wear this or eat this or drink that. I love it! That's why we cruise.... Gotta go pack....Victory here we come!
Old January 16th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Admiral

You would be surprised at the number of people you might just meet again on a cruise! We have actually run into folks from past cruises both on ship and while ashore in other ports. We were not planning on meeting, nor did we have any idea, it just happened!
Jim

Old January 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

I personally don't care what kind of a suit a person wears but just like a couple of other posters said before, "check it out before you wear it". Here's a couple of examples of problems with both kinds of suits. Once a guy was sitting on the edge of a hot tub directly across from me. He was wearing a light color speedo that you could see right through. Another time, a guy was sitting in a chair right across from me with his ankle of one lag propped up on the knee of his other leg. He was wearing baggy boxer type trunks but he didn't have a proper lining. Everything was hanging out. In both instances, I had to leave because I couldn't keep a straight face. So guys, check your suits before you wear them and that goes for ladies also.