Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lauralord
Default Found my cabin through Kelly method

I used the Kelly method to find my cabin, and was upgraded a little. I was wondering if anyone has used this method and found that they ended up being bumped down. I'd be disappointed if this happened the day of the cruise (Jan 18-Pride). Thanks, in advance, for any responses.
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Betty Jo Morgan

Default Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

I keep reading about the Kelly method. Can you explain what that is please. Thanks
Old January 20th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Passenger

What is the Kelly method? How can I get an upgrade?
Old January 20th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Passenger

They have a post that describes the kelly method a little down the line. I was wondering do alot of people get upgrades and if they do how good are they? I booked my cruise today (yyyyyyaaayyyyyyyy!!!!) and I have a balcony cabin (could I have the possibility of being upgraded)?
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Georges

Default Re: Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

We found our cabin (guarantee ^A category) on Conquest through Kelly method with no upgrade (yet!) . Read on another board that they got upgraded and then found out at port that they got bumped down again to the cabin category they had originally booked...so I guess you ccannot be guaranteed that if you find you have been upgraded that you will keep that room ..You'll only know for sure when you get to the port.
Old January 21st, 2003, 08:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

We also booked a balcony stateroom, and got upgraded to a higher deck - from Main to Verandah. A good thing my TA tells me, but a balcony stateroom is a balcony stateroom, no?
Robyn
Old January 21st, 2003, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The Kelly method is a way of finding a guaranteed stateroom assignment - you will NEVER get lower than the category guaranteee you booked - for example if you book an outside guarantee you will never get worse than the minimum category outside cabin.

Old January 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Sooshie

But you could end up in the bow of the ship right? I like knowing that my cabin will be mid-ship. It's a great idea if you don't mind where in that cat. you will be located.
Old January 29th, 2003, 06:09 AM
NH Lady

Default Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

When you book a guarentee all it guarentees is that you'll have that catagory room or better. I booked a 6B guarentee and that's what I got. It's not a bad room, and though I'd LOVE anupgrade, I found out that the only rooms still available (Other than the suites) are on the rear of the ship, 2 decks up. Not sure I really WANT that upgrade.
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lauralord
Default Re: Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

I went on my cruise last week, and went from a category 4A to 6A, and I was in the middle of the ship. Still didn't do much good when the sea was so rough we could hear the slapping of the ship coming down on the waves. A woman fell and broke her hip, another broke her nose, and there were barf bags at every trash can. Oh well, had a great time all the other days except for that last one.
Old January 29th, 2003, 11:59 AM
martinimomma.

Default Re: Re: Yes, You could-or on the back of the boat

Went from a 6A to a 6D, on Sensation 2-13-03, but we now have a cabin Empress deck aft (E259). is that a problem? never had an aft cabin before.
Old March 20th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Melodie

Default How can you get an upgrade

HI,
I am a first time cruiser and I have an assigned room number, U299. Inside cabin. How can I get an upgrade for little or no cost
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:37 AM
markferman

Default Re: How can you get an upgrade

for no cost - not likely to happen, for some cost - possibly.
Old March 21st, 2003, 12:59 PM
martinimomma

WENT FROM 6A TO 6D, you don't want the empress deck aft. We bounced around for four days -- never take aft cabin again!!!
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Just found that we were upgraded on the Paradise from a 6B to a 6D - midship on Empress deck. It is below the very edge of the galley. Hope this cabin won't be noisy.
Old March 22nd, 2003, 11:10 AM
Tactics

Can anyone post a link or info on this Kelly method. I'd like to check it out. thx!
Old March 22nd, 2003, 02:43 PM
Carol Pullen

Just go to Carnival.com and click onto gifts, pick one as though you were going to purchase and it will ask you for your booking number and then your cabin number. You should know the category you booked. With a layout of the cabins, you start entering cabin numbers within your category. You will know when you hit the right cabin bacause it come back with your sailing date and your name. It can take some time to find the right cabin. If you were booked with a group rate, you may not be assigned a cabin.
We are going in October, on the Spirit and I located our cabin but my Sister who booked an inside cabin usuing the TA's group rate has not been assigned a cabin.

Happy hunting.

Carol
Old March 22nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Tactics

Default Re: Re: Re: Found my cabin through Kelly method

ok thx. My cabin is TBA since my TA did an upgrade to a better room so maybe i'll just stick with what I have since I really won't have my cabin # until I board.
Old March 24th, 2003, 04:09 PM
L Galloway

We are sailig in June and are still unable to use the Kelly Method. We have a guarantee cabin and I guess have not been assigned yet, so it tell's us you cannot book a gift online with a guarantee category and gives us a number to call to order gifts. I will keep trying though.