Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Yeoman

Default Should unaccompanied men be in on topless deck?

How do you feel about unaccompanied men on the topless sundeck? I saw single men who were discreet on this deck, but a lady I met said there were gawkers without women who were also making rude comments! Perhaps Carnival should change their policy and only allow men who are accompanied by women on the topless deck.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:18 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Should unaccompanied men be in on topless deck?

So are you saying that men with women will not look at other women? I do not think
so, they will look just as much as single men but they will try not get caught.
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Jenny24

Default Re: Re: Should unaccompanied men be in on topless deck?

Does it say no men or no single men? If not then they can be there and if you dont like gawkers then dont go topless. If you go topless you should understand these issues before doing so.
Old January 7th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jenny,
I like the way you think!

My wife may or may not want to go topless (it depends on how many margaritas she has). If I go on the topless deck (with or without her) I will get still get an eye full. Besides after the first 5 min. the thrill is gone.

A few summers ago, the wife and I and another couple went to the Miss Nude America in Indiana. There where naked bodies everywhere, different genders, sizes, shapes, and colors. Not only where the contestants naked so was the crowd. When you first arrived, you cant help keeping your head in one place. If you look one way, you miss a nudie going the other way. At one point you think you died and went to haven. This only lasted about 15 min. After awhile it all became second nature and "oooing" and "ahhhing" went away.

I am sure that the "oooing" and "ahhhing" goes away very quick on a topless deck.
Keep in mind, in Indaina they were tottally nude, (you actually seen body parts you really didnt want to see) On the topless deck, the people are only topless. The "OH" "AH" factor should be 3-5 mins tops.

Carnival Truimph
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:02 PM
James & Toni

We frequent nude beaches often and the presence of gawkers just comes with the territory. Being nude or semi-nude is also a frame of mind and you get over the fact that someone may be oogling you. Watching and being watched is part of the lifestyle. It is uncomfortable when minors are around and perhaps illegal in some places as well. So I do hope at least they keep minors off the deck.

Anyways, we plan on being on the top deck alot after we set sail This Sunday (1-12) on the Conquest!!! Come on by and enjoy the view with us!!!
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:21 PM
First Mate

Lets not just bash the men for this! I went to a Chippendals show with a bunch of us women..and oh boy...the women got wild with the good looking men! (so did I)!
So if you are on the deck topless...well expect to be looked at...if not put your top on and shut up!
Mary Margaret
Old January 7th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Admiral

What I personally think is so funny is that we make such a big deal out of it anyway. Americans are way too sensitive about the female breasts. Maybe I'm just getting old or hopefully it's because I've matured and traveled and seen so much but I could care less it a woman has on a top or not. I'm still not in favor of total nudity, heck, that just ain't sexy, but seeing breasts and bottoms are not going to make you go blind. (Unless you wife catches you <>)
Jim

Old January 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Lenda

I understand both sides but just to defend Carol a bit, there are those women who would not like to have blatent triangle marks on their chest and at the same time not have to worry or be self-conscious because of gawkers.
Old January 7th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Sue Sue

I know the men you are taliking about; Or actually it's more accurate to say insecure boys. These are men who for some reason get a giggle about trying to catch a peep of female breasts. I have been on the topless deck and find it silly actually. Again it's a courtesy issue and well these men are not the ones that deserve any type of respect.
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Jenny24

No matter where you go or you are, men will always look at them wether with clothes or no clothes. Its human nature. If you have nice breasts and you are an attractive woman then they will look anywhere and everywhere. You need to understand that. these decks are not for women only so knowing that you need to understand men. And if you take your top off then they will be drawn to look. If you are insecure about this then dont go topless, do it in the privacy of a place where you know you are safe from this. Not on a Cruise Ship on a deck that is noted as a topless deck. I mean If I wanna see a naked man im not gonna go to walmart im gonna go to the place entitled MALE STRIPPERS! So if you are a guy looking for some peeks at womens chest then go to a TOPLESS DECK!
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Perhaps Carnival should make a rule that "certain women " wouldn't qualify to be on the topless deck???
This topless deck thing is much ado about nothing. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to doff the top--just that IF you wish to, you may be topless there on that one deck.
There is nothing to say men aren't allowed up there. I go, if I want to, not to gawk or ogle but sometimes it is the quietest place to sit and relax. Sometimes my wife is with me--sometimes not. She knows she doesn't HAVE to flop off the top just because ahe comes up on that deck.
I think many women simply never do the topless thing, then when they do take it off, they are self concious and FEEL like everyone is watching them. If you do take off your top, do you really expect no one to notice?
I also feel that there are many women who would LIKE to think that men are really giving them the eye when in fact they are not.

I will go to whichever deck I choose as a fare paying passenger. If you are there in the nude, topless, or whatever, thats your privilige too--but don't suggest that everyone who comes on a deck is there to ogle you--you may be wrong.
Old January 8th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Only people 18 years or older are allowed on the topless Deck on Carnival lines
Old January 8th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Should unaccompanied men be in on topless deck?

Linda, that's 18 years old in actual years, not in maturity. People need to just grow up. I remember when my youngest son caught sight of his first topless lady. We were on vacation in Play del Carman and exiting the water from some unsucessful snorkeling and a very attractive young lady happened to be right in front of us as we surfaced. My son looked at me and said something to the effect of 'are you sure this is an area we should be in?' I told him not to worry as it is pretty common. His replay was, "okay" and he just accepted it as what is is and no big deal. He was 13 at the time and was neither scarred nor tainted, just grew up accepting that there are differant cultures and to respect everyone and not to be a jerk and gawk or make remarks.
Jim

Old January 8th, 2003, 01:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Should unaccompanied men be in on topless de

Men not accompanying women have no business on the topless deck. What else would they be doing there but gawking?? Why would he go up there...certainly not just to read a book? Gimme a break people...
Old January 8th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Andrea A

Male or female if you're on a topless deck you're going to see boobs..... If you're insecure about it, put your top on and go down to the pool. Are you going to say that lesbians need to be accompanied by their companion? It's just human nature...
Old January 8th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Should unaccompanied men be in on toples

Since there are no signs saying "No Men Allowed" you have to assume men will be looking at you.
My suggestion is to take it as a compliment, if he's looking at you he must think your sexy enough to look at. If your embarrassed of your body just don't take your top off.

John
Old January 8th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, bring on the men. The more the merrier!
Old January 8th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anna,
I like your attitude !!

John
Old January 8th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Mrs Kuki is not allowed on the topless deck. I don't want people to think I married her for her money <G>
Old January 8th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Sue Sue

Leave it up to you Kuki! I have a feeling that Mrs. Kuki has her hands full with Mr. Kuki's antics.
Old January 8th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Admiral

I will say this----from now on EVERY Carnival cruise I go on, I will go to that TOPS ARE OPTIONAL deck just as surely as I can walk, crawl or hire someone to carry me there.
If you don't want me to see, then cover'em up.

I can't believe people actually think that just because a woman wants to take her top off that men should be banned from a public deck of a ship.
It just doesn't seem to register with some that the deck is a PUBLIC deck, that no one is making anyone take off their top, but that if you wish to, then yes you can. Nowhere does it say that because you take off your top that you won't be seen, that they will clear the decks of any unsavory lurkers, etc.
For all the would-be top-takers-off going on the Pride, just remember that the funnel is actually red glass and that ---oh my god--- people can see through it to the deck where you may be (gasp-horrors of horrors--) trying to sunbathe sans top. Someone may actually see you !! Well, I guess the answer to that is to ban all men from Davids, going up and down the stairs in and around Davids, etc. as it would sure be a shame that they caused angst to someone partially nude in a public place.
I was just wondering---if the dining room was a "tops optional" thing, would men have to be banned from there?
Get real or get covered. If you take your top off in a public place, how can you possibly feel that everyone should cover their eyes or leave, just because you showed up to go topless.
Old January 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Sue Sue

Let's take it back to the original thread; It's about the gawkers, and the pathetic way they respond to the bare necessities. Go to the topless deck, enjoy the rays, but, the point is that men and some women too, need not make a spectacle of themselves while spectating!
Old January 9th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think we can qualify this as one of those "Common Courtesy" things. Gawkers can be anywhere at any time. I was once in a resturant and noticed a woman (older I may add) staring at me. Each time I looked up, I noticed her staring. I did'nt like it at all, I had a choice, stop looking at her an focus on my dinner or leave. I did not leave!

My conclusion on this subject:

If I am on the "Topless Deck" I will check everyone out at least once. If I see something that is pleasant to the eye, I may look agian. I will not gawk or stare. If the people seem friendly, I may strike a conversation with them or I may not. If nudity (topless) is a feature on the ship, I want to enjoy it like any other feature on the ship. I am certain that the topless person is also enjoy the ship well.

I don't think this is a major issue and its very simple. If you feel uncomfortable removing your top for any reason, leave it on.

Carnival Truimph
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:33 PM
cam

Is going topless that wide spred on this ships?
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

No pun intended, I hope!

Its limited to the upper deck.

Carnival Truimph
Old January 9th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Admiral

When we were on the Triumph on the topless deck there were only 2-3 women that were topless. Alot of peoplego up there as that is the only place left with chairs!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old January 9th, 2003, 04:18 PM
ABC

What about on the Inspiration?