CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/189873-carlos-charlies-cozumel.html)

Tim & Tonya January 15th, 2003 12:02 PM

Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>)

Hello All
I keep seeing Carlos & Charlies all over the forum for a have to do in Cozumel. I take it this is not your run-of-the-mill stop in for a beer hole in the wall. It is already on the top of my To Do List but some one (any one) please fill me in. Holiday 3-6-03 NO

May your seas be silky
Tim & Tonya

nushnakka January 15th, 2003 12:31 PM

Re: Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>)

Honestly I did not see all the fuss. Ok they get you up to dance etc but the margaritas are overpriced and not all that great. If you go stick with beer. The atmosphere was fun though but don't feel like you are missing out if you can't make it there.

Rich S January 15th, 2003 01:44 PM

Later it gets the more fun it gets, but that all depends on what you are looking for. I never been to one in Cozumel but been to other Carlos n Chrlies thruout Mexico. If your not looking to dance and drink but rather something more history oriented obviously this is not the place. Also not for families either. Its a fun time but as other person wrote if you miss dont feel bad.

W/ all that said, I'm sure I will end up there!

Tim & Tonya January 15th, 2003 06:33 PM

Re: Re: Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>)

Rich S, you know what the say about curiosity, i'll have to give it a look-see.(1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila FLOOR)

May your seas be silky
Tim & Tonya

LAURIE January 15th, 2003 08:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>)

We stopped in there for dinner when we visited Cozumel last October. We were there for the food, which I didn't think was very good, pretty blahhhhhhhh. I think the atmosphere could get kind of wild later in the evening especially with the younger crowd. We enjoyed spending time at "Fat Tuesdays" right off the pier. It was fun to watch everyone coming off and on the boat.

cruisepimp January 15th, 2003 10:25 PM

If you like to party and have fun and I mean party hardcore then CnC is the place to go. I cruise only westerns for that one port and 1 place. CnC is a good time on vacation

JIOL January 15th, 2003 11:48 PM

CnC is on are "to-do" adgenda in Feb.

nushnakka January 16th, 2003 07:51 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Carlos & Charlies (Cozumel) ???? :>)

Well like Laurie mentioned hang out at Fat Tuesdays on the pier and watch all the party animals come back to the ship. My daughter did that and got the biggest kick out of it. I'm sure CnC was fun later in the evening, we were there in the afternoon. Stick to beer and shots! In fact I was so disappointed with the margaritas that I had to wait to get back to the states and hit a Don Pablos on the drive home for the best margarita. Have fun

cruiserlisa January 16th, 2003 10:03 AM

We were told by everyone that Carlos and Charlies was a must see. So we went and just walked around and left. It is the place for the party animal but not for us. At least we could tell everyone that we went to CnC. I have heard that Fat Tuesdays is good.

Lisa

Premier 1990
Carnival Sensation 2000
RCCI Explorer 2001
Carnival Pride 5/2003

Andrea A January 16th, 2003 03:36 PM

You really need to have your "drinking shoes" on. But as a suggestions for someone who has done it, do all your sightseeing and shopping before hand and drop the goods off on the boat... THEN go to CnC's. Once in there, lost all track of time.... and balance...... and verbal skills....... get the picture?

nascaramy January 16th, 2003 04:14 PM

I hope it is like Senor Frog's in Mexico. If it is you have to do the tequila line!!! I will be checking out Carlos & Charlies the week of February 2nd.

Amy

crusin4fun January 16th, 2003 06:07 PM

I believe the same company own c-n-c and senor frogs.

Dave & Tracy January 16th, 2003 11:13 PM

I had heard the same as you so when we were in Cozmel we just had to go and see what all the fuss was about. My boyfriend loved it but he really enjoys the party atmosphere. I on the other hand had a terrible experience there because a very drunk girl threw up all over right in front of me! Go check it out for yourself or you will regret it.

Erik January 17th, 2003 09:36 AM

I agree with Andrea. I was there about a month ago in December. We went to Cozumel once before, and didn't care for the port too much. Its funny how one bar/restarant can change your feelings about a port. But as Andrea mentioned, do not bring anything valuable with you and make sure you have a digital watch on, because in about an hour you wont know the second hand from the minute, etc. But yes, if you like to drink, then dance, then munch on some "decent" mexican food, that's a must see. Enjoy!

emee January 17th, 2003 11:06 AM

Was there . I didn't think it was anything special. It is a party atmosphere. We did dance the congo line, but as I am not really a drinker I just kept going as they poured drink down peoples mouth. They have a think where if you buy a drink they come over pour it down and tickle you all over whatever.

Andrea A January 17th, 2003 11:13 AM

God, I wish I could be back there :-) OOOOOHHH the memories... however blurry they may be, I know they are good ones! NOW, 7 months til the Victory....