Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Default Various Questions

I have a couple of questions I was hoping I could get help with.

1) Is there any where to go online to find out who the cruise director is going to be for a
particular cruise?
2) When do you usually get your documents and what info do they contain?
3) I have heard that Carnival will fax you an iteniary (sp.) but how far in advance can they
fax you one?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Various Questions

1) Not sure about the cruise director.

2) Just got our docs the other day (about 4 weeks prior, others got them about 2 week prior) they include the following:

Trip itinerary, Important reminders, Guest home phone numbers, Gifts and services listing. Transfers from air port to port (if purchased thru CCL), Sail & Sign application, Boarding passes, Cruise ticket, Transfers back to air port, Terms & cond., Luggage tags, Welcome aboard pamphet, insurance pamphlet (if purchased thru CCL), Airline tickets (if purchased thru CCL)

3) I called CCL customer service and did have all excursions faxed to me with no problem. About 20 pages.

Happy Cruisin

Post Edited (01-19-03 19:08)

Carnival Truimph
Old January 19th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Joe and Jeannie have given you the information as to questions 2 & 3. As for the CD they do not have anywhere you can go for this info as the CD's do often change around. In most cases they know who is scheduled to be on a certain ship at a certain time but the date are always subject to change so nothing is posted anywhere. I thought about doing that here at Cruisemates but the logistics of doing so would basically be a full-time job just for one cruiseline and it would still not be always accurate due to last minute changes.
Jim

Old January 19th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Various Questions

How far in advance did you have the excursions faxed to you? I was hoping to get them faxed to me about two months in advance. The way I change my mind over and over again I will need the whole two months to make a decision on the excursions :-).
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Various Questions

Tours: I had my copy sent to me when the ship (the new Legend) started to sail the same itinerary; about 4 months in advance. Keep in mind, tours can and do change. I know one tour that I am very interested in for our itinerary was added.

All of your previous responses where very accurate. You can expect docs anywhere from a month to 2 weeks before the trip. Most TA's receive them from Carnival, review them, then forward the packet to you, especially if you have booked air through the TA or Carnival. TA can get your seat assignments, Cruise line will not. Check to see that you have enough luggage tags. If you don't, just contact Carnival or wait until you get to the pier.
Bon Voyage
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Various Questions

Tours: I had my copy sent to me when the ship (the new Legend) started to sail the same itinerary; about 4 months in advance. Keep in mind, tours can and do change. I know one tour that I am very interested in for our itinerary was added.

All of your previous responses where very accurate. You can expect docs anywhere from a month to 2 weeks before the trip. Most TA's receive them from Carnival, review them, then forward the packet to you, especially if you have booked air through the TA or Carnival. TA can get your seat assignments, Cruise line will not. Check to see that you have enough luggage tags. If you don't, just contact Carnival or wait until you get to the pier.
Bon Voyage
Old January 20th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

bubbyande,

You can get the excursions faxed at anytime. What ever they have on file is what you get. However, regardless how far in advance to get the faxes, you may want to request them a couple weeks before your departure. They do change. We leave in about 3 weeks and I recently had them me faxed agian, I found that there were new excursions added.
Hope this helps.

Carnival Truimph