Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2003, 12:47 PM
katrina

Default express check in

We are first cruisers and friends for ours stated when they went on their cruise the complete all their paperwork ahead of time - something called "Express Check-In", and it saved alot of time...How would we get the paperwork and what steps need to be taken? Also we are about 4 weeks from our cruise, how soon do our documents come? Can you have one form of ID or do you have to have two (birth cert and driver lic) We have NOT recd anything back showing our last payment on the cruise and we made the payment over a month ago...should they (carnival) have sent something to confirm this payment? Sorry for so many ?'s, getting excited and nervous all at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: express check in

Katrina,
Most importantly, you must have BOTH an original birth certificate AND a photo ID issued by some type of government agency such as a drivers license. The only exception is a passport and that is all you need. (keep this in mind and get one when you return)
As for the rest of your questions your documents should be there usually about 2 weeks prior to your sailing date. Contact your TA and they will guide you along as to the payment receipt and confirmation and the 'express check-in'
Jim

Old January 20th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: express check in

The last cruise I went on, I used a birth card and my drivers license. Is the birth card still accepted.

Amy
Old January 20th, 2003, 03:21 PM
TomS

Katrina, if you have a booking number, you can call Carnival and check that they indeed have recieved your last payment. As for documentation, you DEFINATELY need proof of citizenship such as a certified birth certificate or passport. The latter is perferred since you can also use that as your photo ID for boarding planes, and it is a lot easier to carry in your pocket.

Your cruise documents should arrive anytime between now and until about two weeks until departure. If they have not arrived two weeks before, contact Carnival or your travel agent directly.

I am not sure about "express check-in". Carnival does have remote site check-in. I know they do this at the Wyndham Miami Airport and the Sheritan Biscayne Bay hotels if they have enough guests staying there that are cruising. I think they also offer that service at Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale International Airport if you booked your transfer through them. If you purchased the air supplament through Carnival, you already have the transfers included in your price.. If they do offer you remote check-in, by all means take it! It will save you from having to stand in a long line at the pier, and will shorten an hour or two wait to 20 minutes.

Amy, they no longer accept the birth card, unless it is a certified (i.e. raised seal).document. You might have gotten away with it last time because the ckerk may not have known that that wasn't an official birth certificate. Your best bet is to get a passport. It is accepted everywhere, and is quite convienent, too.

TomS
Old January 20th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: express check in

Amy,
Probably if that is what the State issues. I know in South Carolina they have 'cards' that look very much like SSN cards. In NC they have a document that looks like a diploma and in Ma it is just a sheet of paper with a signature and raised seal. Whatever the State or County issues is what is legal.
Jim

Old January 21st, 2003, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: express check in

Thanks Jim

What I have is a plastic card from the Arkansas Department of Health with the state seal on it. It has my name, sex, birthday, town and county I was born in. I think that will be sufficient.

Amy
Old January 21st, 2003, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: express check in

Amy, that will work. <G> Just make sure you also bring a photo ID as well such as a drivers license. I do also highly suggest that you get a passport when you return, they are cheap and a wonderful thing to have.
Jim

Old January 21st, 2003, 05:15 PM
Sooshie

Royal Caribbean has on line immigration forms that you can do which did speed up our check in process. Both times I sailed with Carnival they didn't have that service.