Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Beginner

Default solo traveler

Has anyone traveled on a cruise alone? I will be on the Carnival Spirit on Feb. 20th. Let me know if anyone else will be on there. Give me some advice!!!

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2003, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: solo traveler

Bluesea,
Go to the 'Singles' message board in the 'peoples' section.
Jim

Old January 22nd, 2003, 09:47 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Blueseas - go to the singles get together on the first night of the cruise. Also, don't be afraid to strike up conversations with people sitting next to you at the bar or in a lounge - I've made lots of friendships that way. Participate in some of the events on board. You will have fun - I've cruised solo three times with number four coming up this fall and I always have a good time and have never felt lonely.

Old January 23rd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: solo traveler

Hey solo traveler,

I just returned from the Legend and had a fabulous time as a single person. There is a meet and geet single party the first night in the disco but I was really disappointed with it. First of all their wasn't any representation from Carnival to get the party started, rather it was open to everyone meaning you didn't know who was there for the singles event or who was there with there wife to dance.

Needless to day that there were not many singles aboard my ship at all. But that didn't matter one bit, I met so many terrific people including couples, families and even really fun older people. I never once felt out of place or hard done because of it.

You will have a great time as it's just a natural happening to meet people aboard. You talk to people in the line to board, at dinner, in the elevators etc.

Have a great time!!!

Dan
Old January 24th, 2003, 03:26 AM
First Mate

Hey Bluesea,

Always cruised with someone until the last 2 times.....went solo.

Would be hard-pressed to EVER cruise any other way but solo.

You'll meet tons of people and when you want quiet time you'll have the entire cabin to yourself . . .its great.

Have a great cruise.

Gary