Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday or Celebration

I am taking a cruise with 3 friends in June. I want to take the 7 day Conquest, but they are all first time cruisers and are insisting on the 5 day cruise. I am responsible for putting it all together, but do not know wheather or not to take the Holiday from New Orleans, or the Celebration from Galveston. I have heard good things and bad things about both ships. We have to leave from only one of these 2 locations because they do not want to fly to another port.

What suggestions or advice can anyone give me?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:19 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Holiday or Celebration

Never been on the Celebration, but would not take the Holiday. I love Carnival, but our Holiday cruise was the worst we have ever had. Old and dirty ship, poor service in stateroom and dining room, the entertainment was ok but not up to Carnival standards. The food was really the only good thing the ship had going. The pizza was awful on this ship and all other Carnival ships have Awesome pizza!
Old January 28th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Insist on the 7-day conquest. There is no comparasion in the holiday class and conquest class!!!!!! have fun!
Old January 28th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Holiday or Celebration

I have been on both of these ships and would recommend Celebration and definetly not recommend Holiday. We were on Holiday Sept. 9-14, 2002, it was the absolute worst cruise I have ever taken. Ship was dirty, crew was lazy and unprofessional. We were hit by flying glasses and canned cokes when things were not propery secured for rough seas. Cabin steward was very bad. Don't know about now, but we had a blast on Celebration Sept. 2000. Good luck on what ever you choose. We are booked on Conquest May 11,2003 because I have one too that won't fly.
Old January 28th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Beginner

If I had to pick between the two I would recommend Celebration. Though it's been two yrs since I cruised on her.I was on Holiday last yr. and I agree with everyone else, the boat smells horrible , plumbing problems, crew was nowhere close to Carnivals usual standards. I usually dread getting off the boat and going back to reality, but let me tell you I couldn't get off Holiday fast enough!!!!!! Try to talk them into Conquest!