Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Davidnnc

Default Port Canaveral

We are sailing on the Glory in September. It sails out of Port Canveral, anyone ever left from that port before. We have always been in Miami. Is there parking at the dock, we drive down from NC, I am looking forward to the shorter drive this year!!

Thanks.
David
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Port Canaveral

I have sailed from Port Canaveral twice in the last year. There is ample parking at the dock, secured and as of now is $ 10.00 per day, payable up front with cash or credit card. You will find it is a breeze compared to the zoo at Miami.
Port Canaveral is right off I-95 and very easy to get to.
We too are sailing the Glory in Sept. on the eastern route.
Old January 28th, 2003, 09:04 PM
LHP

Default Re: Re: Port Canaveral

Thanks for the info Ron. We are headed out of there in March on a short 4 day cruise....before heading to a Spring Retreat at The Cloister in Sea Island, Ga.
Old January 28th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Port Canaveral

LHP, you will be close to me as I live on Jekyll Island. If you haven't been to Sea Island, while there drive out Sea Island Dr. past the Cloisters to view some of the homes---
amazing.
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:00 AM
LHP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Port Canaveral

Ron: You are so right. We were there last March for a Spring Retreat for The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Hubby is on the Founder's Board. (Layperson...not a pastor) They hold their retreat there every year in March. The only thing is the drive. We live in Memphis. Fortunately, each year we have always seemed to have an event that took us in that direction just before the Retreat. Last year, it was the Nascar race in Atlanta!!! This year we decided to squeeze a cruise in before the retreat, since our son was out of school for Spring Break. We just got off the New Year's Eve cruise on the Conquest...but hey...gotta do something...might as well be a cruise!!! : )