Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Beginner

Default First cruise-Victory, May 4, 2003

Husband, myself and 2 pre and teen daughters going on Victory. Anyone else?
We've gotten a family suite on Spa deck. Anyone know what these rooms are like?
Also, since the ship gets into San Juan later in the day, what are recommended things to do?

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2003, 01:13 PM
kareen

Default Re: First cruise-Victory, May 4, 2003

Hi, Tesmar2000. The family suite is very very nice.Don't book a tour in San Juan. By the time you get off of the ship it is dark. We did a tour and couldn't see a thing, I had been there before during the day. The best thing to do is go downtown and shop. We did the same cruise in 12/02. I had cabin 1109. When the ship docked in port we had a perfect view of the port. The cabin has two twin beds, with enough of room in between the beds. each bed has a nightstand. the walkway between the foot of the bed and the wall of the next cabin was spacious. The room has a floor to ceiling window, very large. I kept the curtains open during the cruise. There isn't a walkway in front of the window. The room has a sofa bed, full size. Above the sofa is a retractable upper berth. There is three closets in the room. The bathroom is nice size. There is a retractable clothes line in the room. Our room was across from the pantry. When we needed extra ice I got it myself. If you have Galina as your room steward, she is very nice. My grandmother went with us and she spent a lot of time in the room due to her being in the end stage of cancer. When we weren't in the room, Galina sat and talked with her and asked if she needed anything. I wrote Carnival and told them how she went beyond her duty. She was always seen about and asked my grandmother by name how she was feeling. The only problem that we had with the room is the distance one had to go to the dining room (Pacific). My parents had a balcony 1009 on the Panaroma. My room was much nicer. I did spend some time on their balcony. If you want to eat at the Yangtze Wok, it is open from 12:00PM-2:30PM. A must to try is the spring rolls. Also, the hamburgers are best when it is from the grill near the pizza. There is a pool there that is opened later than the other pools.