Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:14 PM
First Mate

Default where can I book Fury?

Carnival website does not advertise the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel. This is one excursion I am absolutely interested in. Should I wait until I get on board, or should I book it independently? It sure sounds like fun.
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: where can I book Fury?

Bonnie,
My best friend and houseguest at the moment works for CCL in the shore excursion dept and she tells me the name of this tour is "Catamaran Sail & Snorkel" and is available only through the cruise line. They also have a sunset cruise on the same boat during the evening hours that is also quite nice. You can at this time only book after boarding the ship and not beforehand. It is a fairly well liked tour so book early is her recommendation to ensure you get a slot.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old January 31st, 2003, 09:38 AM
martinimomma.

Default Re: Re: where can I book Fury?

Bonnie: in lieu of doing CCL's excursion, we went online and got our own small boat (might be with 2 other folks, but 6 is limit), for 9am-1pm snorkle 3 reefs, equipment, water, soda, beer, divemaster -- $35USD ea.

Fury is nice, but crowded. And you will have lots of other boats at snorkling sites.
Just a suggestion for an alternative.
Have good time whatever you do!!!!
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:03 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Re: where can I book Fury?

We were on the Fury through Carnival's excursion and had a great time. Our group ranged from an 8 year old to a 56 year old and everyone enjoyed themselves. We were the only group snorkeling at the site we stopped at off of Chakanaba park, the snorkeling was okay but not great. You could tell that the coral was dying from tourist abuse. The beach party was nice after snorkeling. It is a nice way to spend part of your time in Cozumel for a reasonable price.
Old February 1st, 2003, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: where can I book Fury?

Private boats are definately not the same and not always trustworthy or safe. They seldom carry insurance and while there have been a number of happy customers I have heard some horror stories about some private boats in that port and do not recommend them. The Fury not only does snorkeling but also goes to a nice beach for a party, is a large and safe boat that is consistantly inspected and is clean. They also include all kinds of drinks and not just beer and soda. I like to be adventurous and often go on my own but getting your own boat in Cozumel is not a good idea overall. There have been reports of assaults, threats, extortion, and once that I know of deaths because of poor equipment.
Jim

Old February 1st, 2003, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: where can I book Fury?