Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:22 AM
Dennis van Rumund

Default Fresh or Salt water Pools?

Hi to All !
Since I have never sailed on Carnival, I do not know what to expect. Are the pools on the Spirit fresh or salt water? I am taking my kids on the April cruise and would like to answer their question. Also, any tips about Carnival would be welcome as I normally have sailed Princess and Crystal.
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:59 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Fresh or Salt water Pools?

All the pools on Carnival are purified salt water. They are emptied and refilled daily with fresh salt water. So make sure they have their eyes closed and mouth shut when they jump in for the first time. My hubbie didn't know it was salt water the first time he jumped in the pool and got a little suprise.
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Fresh or Salt water Pools?

As far as I know, only Princess has fresh water pools. The cabins are bigger, the variety of things to do is more for you and your family. They don't call it the Fun Ship for nothing. However, you can do as little or as much as you want. No one will be in your face to join in. Service, Food and Entertainment venues were fine. Suggest you encourage the kids to go to the Camp Carnvial and join in with others in their age group. Pizza is available on most Carnival ships 24 hrs. a day. Buy a soda card for your children if they drink a lot of Coke or Diet Coke which is served in cups. Cans cost $1.50 each. Lemonade, Punch & Iced Tea are available at the buffett area throughout most of the day free.

You can get a copy of tours from Carnival in advance so you can plan you days in port. Just email them on their web site and ask that they be faxed or emailed for your ship and itinerary.
Bon Voyage
Old February 2nd, 2003, 10:04 AM
topcat011

Default Re: Re: Fresh or Salt water Pools?

The pools are crystal clear. You wouldnt know it was salt water until you tasted it. *Yuck"
Kids will have a ball.
Old February 6th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Bunny

Default Re: Re: Re: Fresh or Salt water Pools?

I prefer the salt water ones as they are replenished daily, my son said after a cruise on another ship that had fresh water, after a few days, it looked nasty.