Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2003, 12:52 PM
Passenger

Default Cave Tubing in Belize

My husband and I will be on the Legend in March. We would like to go cave tubing while there. My question, I have read a lot that people like Reggie. How do I contact him and is his tour better and cheaper than Carnival's? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2003, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cave Tubing in Belize

Here is Reggies email address and within his response to me that I recently received is ihis web page address:
"I usually leave around 10 am, however what works best is for me to tell all in my group to tender ASAP, that means if > > you can get on the first one, fine, if not then the first one after ship's excursions, we have never ever had any problems with timing as I will
leave when I determine that you will not show up. here is my info on tubing::::::::::the info below is just to give you some knowledge of the tour. NO problem . you can also go to www.regtour.com to see a few pics. you book by E.mail pay on arrival. Please read below then reply if you want to book ill be happy to be your guide for the day. first we drive for 1 hr to our destination then, to make my description short ,after a 30 minn
walk through an exciting jungle trail, we begin a river ride on inner tubes for 40 minns to an hr I will guide you through spectacular jungle and cave scenery,that the movies &theme parks only try to imitate. my price is $65 per person cash only in Belize or in advance to secure your space VISA or master card accepted , name, # & expiration date needed. our cancellation policy is : our fault = full refund, your fault = full refund less $10.00 per person. at least one person if not all should get off ship early to pay for the group if you are paying in Belize, the earlier we start the better. I will be there to meet you, I wear a red cap & a yellow shoulder bag, I also have a sign marked Reggie's CAVE TUBING NOW or just ask for Reggie the cave tuber, we usually arrive back to the dock 2:30 to 3:00 pm that's long before the ships tour. each one should bring a strapped on sandals or older tennis shoe to walk the trail and in the water. ..........you book by E.mail pay on arrival....... Reggie note don't worry about timing we
have all the bases covered for you, even our own private tender should that become necessary,( do not fall for the old line that you may miss tender if you arrange your own tour )please send me your cabin # and the ages of any under 10 years old upon booking if you are a total none swimmer bring your own vest, no need for a lot of repellent one can for the whole group is ok we do not need it 99 percent of the time. ::::::::::::::::::::: this tour is not for any one very much over weight or with any physical
disabilities, diabetic, heart or breathing problems, if any one cannot swim they
should bring their own vest. it is not a dangerous tour but we must take these precautions. W will not be responsible for any one that deceives us just to make the list. we plan to show you the greatest time in your Caribbean Cruise life. but we need your cooperation. we have not missed a ship in the 5 years of Calls and we do not intend to do so on your date."

Hope this helps you.
Old February 6th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cave Tubing in Belize

www.regtour.com

he is cheaper, HE WILL get you to the ship on time. it is much more personal to go in a van than on a big bus.

either rudy,reg or tim will guide you..it is awesome !!

I just got back last week and the cave tubing was one of my most favorite things.

pssst ...buy a couple of belize beer and enjoy them either driving to or from the caves.

J
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Cave Tubing in Belize

Jolie, how was the current? Did anyone wear a life vest with Reggie? Your personal input is greatly appreciated. I did read your review too.
Old February 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Cave Tubing in Belize

hi there...sorry to take so long responding, I have been out of town. ( Sedona..WOW !! )

life vests were not needed if you can swim at all ...there were a few places that you had "little" rapids but other than that the ride was just an easy float down the river and through the cave.

they have lots of spotters along the way to steer you in the right direction should you begin to float away.

wear your water shoes and swimwear right from the van, you begin by walking across the river to the other side.

we very much felt ahead of the game when others were piling onto a big old bus for the ride back and we were jumping into the van , opened a couple of beers that we brough along and began yakking with our fellow tour mates..it was all so much more personal.

rudy and tim were our guides...reggie was waiting at the dock, when I asked him if we could sip on wine while floating down the river ( I had this rainforest adventure painted in my head ) ..he said..do what you want, just dont get drunk :-))

anyway...you work way too hard using youur arms to steer to even think of an quiet float through the rainforst whilst sipping a lovely merlot.

I totally totally recommend reggie.

Jolie