Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2003, 05:46 PM
AmyE

Default Carnival Legend age range

My husband and I will be cruising for the first time on the Carnival Legend for 8 nights to the E. Carribean. We are a young couple (mid 20s) and are hoping to meet people around our age. Does anyone know the ages that will mostly be on the ship? Another thing that I have been wondering about is how the dinner seating works. Is it assigned seating? I am absolutely clueless any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

amy
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2003, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Carnival Legend age range

Sailings will vary a bit depending on when you cruise. We returned from Legend Jan. 21 and our sailing had a very wide cross section of age groups. You'd have no problem meeting people your age.

Have you TA note your ages on your reservation, and request a large table in the dining room. This will likely help you get a head start on meeting folks.

Dining tables are assigned in the dining room. You can eat at the Unicorn Cafe, casual alternate restaurant if you like. And then there's the Golden Fleece (surcharge) where you make reservations, just as you would at a land based restaurant.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 4th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Carnival Legend age range

You should ask your travel agent to "request" a certain size table (Large = 6 to 8 people) on Legend there are mostly 6's, at your preferred dining time - Early = Main 6 p.m. and Late = 2nd. seating = 8 p.m. (give or take 15 minutes). This is a request only on Carnival and not a guarantee. If you don't get the seating that you prefer, once on board ship when you check your S&S card it will be imprinted right on the card. If you are not happy, go immediately to wherever the Maitre de and his staff are located to request a change. You should find more variety of age groups during the Winter cruise season, but the 8 nights does attract some seasoned cruisers. Familes will tend to sail more from 2/14 through 4/20 cruises that attract school break kids, teachers, grandparents with kids, etc.
Bon Voyage
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Mike & Liz

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend age range

Hey Amy, - We're in our mid-thirties, and this will be our first cruise as well, but I was just wondering what your sailing date was? We're saling out 5/13/03.......CANNOT WAIT!!!!! *(M & L)!!!!!!!1
Old February 4th, 2003, 09:15 PM
AmyE

Default Re: Carnival Legend age range

Thanks for all the info We will be sailing on 6/30 out of NYC. We can't wait! I have been trying to find out as much as I can about taking a cruise...I am becoming a bit obsessed I am just sooo excited!