Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Passenger

Default Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

Is it mandatory to pre-pay fpr tips on the Carnival Triump?

Post Edited (02-04-03 15:58)
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2003, 04:31 PM
cruisepimp

Default Re: Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

I just got off Triumph on 2-1. I was bummed about the auto tip also but its not that bad. The first charges on your sign and sail are the 68 bucks each for tips. I was going to have them removed but never did so I left them on and gave my cabin steward 40 cash last night of the cruise. She worked hard for me and always had a smile on her face so she was well worth it. You can however have them removed at the Pursers desk but I just didnt feel like waiting in line to have it done. Hope this helps
Old February 4th, 2003, 04:32 PM
cruisepimp

I just got off Triumph on 2-1. I was bummed about the auto tip also but its not that bad. The first charges on your sign and sail are the 68 bucks each for tips. I was going to have them removed but never did so I left them on and gave my cabin steward 40 cash last night of the cruise. She worked hard for me and always had a smile on her face so she was well worth it. You can however have them removed at the Pursers desk but I just didnt feel like waiting in line to have it done. Hope this helps
Old February 4th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Admiral

I never can understand why one would want to pre-pay tips since the tip should reflect the service received. Lovin the question you ask is...no ....if the Triump automatically charges your sail and sign card tips....just go to guest relations and have them removed and tip "traditionally via envelope at end of cruise. Now if you are asking do you have to pre-pay your tips in the cruise purchase price......no you don't.

Old February 4th, 2003, 06:26 PM
First Mate

Pre paid tips are something you pay by cash,check or credit card to carnival thru your travel agent prior to the cruise. If you do not pre pay your sail and sign card will be charge for the tips on the first day. You can go to the pursers desk and have the tips remove, or adjusted up or down.
Old February 4th, 2003, 08:57 PM
cruisepimp

Default Re: Re: Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

You are wrong on that one jedgar.. First morning you wake up on the ship the first charges that show on your folio is the sign and sail gratuity charge. You can have them removed by going to the pursers desk, but thats if you feel like interrupting your party to stand on line.
Old February 4th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

Thank so much. I don't mind interupting my party. I will make a trip to the pursers desk. I went there on Princess last year and at certain times, there was no line. I agree, whether I pay the $9.75 or more is irrelevent. Tipping these days is just a way for the employer to make the customer pay his/her employees. That is Bulls^%#. In restaurants, I usually pay 30% or more, but it is BS to make me pay up front. I see that as a kick in the face.

Do I need to take my own envelopes?

Thanks again. I thought it was only Princess that charged gratuity at first.
Old February 4th, 2003, 11:07 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

Cruisepimp if you go back and read my post that is exactly what I said.
What you are refering to is the auto tipping. Prepaid tipping is different. The are two different animals.
Old February 17th, 2003, 07:38 PM
bobb

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pre-paid tips on Triumph?

We were on the Triumph cruise that ended on February 1. I liked the pre-paying of the tips knowing I had the option to adjust them. Our service was great from everyone. Pre-paying saved the hassle of stuffing envelopes and distributing tips to people at the end of the cruise. The maitre d' is not included in the prepaid tips. Our maitre d' was excellent, so I was sure to tip him in the envelope that was provided. Envelopes were not provided for other staff.