Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2003, 06:49 PM
katrina

Default sail & sign

when you sign up for the Sail & Sign - forgive me if this sounds dumb - is it that simple, give the ship your mastercard number, shop til ya drop and at the end of the cruise they run it thru???
Explain the "HOLD" I read about...is it a certain amount of money they place a hold on until the end? Does this Sail & Sign apply to the shore tours?

Anyone heading on Sensation for 02/22/03?
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: sail & sign

Hi Katrina,
It is very simple, they do take your credit card number and at the end of the cruise, send it through. Not sure about any holds though, just keep an eye on all that you are putting on your sign/sail card, it does add up quickly and yes, it will include any purchases onboard including any excursions you sign up for. Its best to have a good idea of what tours you want to do and sign up early in order to get it at the time you want.

Enjoy your cruise!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 6th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: sail & sign

Yes, it is just that easy and the tally can add up fast especially with tours, spa treatments, drinks and photo's. Also, most Carnival ships now charge the gratuities directly to the S&S account apx. $150 per couple. I believe the hold you mention is for a debit card, but I have never had a problem using a credit card. You may wish to use a different credit card for major purchases at ports. Also, advise your credit card company that you will be away and making purchases in XXXX example the Caribbean or Europe. When they see foreign activity it often sends up a red flag and they may call your home while you are away to make sure everything is OK. Its for your security, too.
If you have interactive TV in your cabin, be sure to check your account periodically for accuracy. Mistakes do happen and you won't want to have to stand in line for correction on the last night trust me on this one.
Bon Voyage
Old February 6th, 2003, 08:22 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Re: sail & sign

You card is charged once at the end of the cruise, so you won't have 100 separate little charges showing up. Just one big one. If you use a debit card they might put a hold on your account for x amount of dollars just to make sure that money is there at the end of the cruise. Since the debit card is tied to your checking account they can't take money that isn't there, unlike a credit card where they can charge even if you are close to your limit. Some people run into problems with the hold not being removed before the charge is made and then they end up with an overdraft.