CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   beverages (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/190101-beverages.html)

katrina February 5th, 2003 07:32 PM

beverages

Another dumb question - is Ice Tea free or is it considered a beverage, if so how much does it cost?

Salty Dawg February 5th, 2003 08:04 PM

Re: beverages

Iced Tea, Apple Juice, Fruit Punch, Lemonade, Orange Juice in the morning, and water are free, and are available throughout the Lido deck restaurants. Soft drinks, beer, and alcohol you pay for. You can also get pinapple, grapefruit, tomato, and orange juice anytime from room service which is also free, but tip the waiter that brings it to you.

Ron February 5th, 2003 08:23 PM

Katrina, not a dumb question at all as there is so much information flying about on these boards. I have never known of a cruise line to charge for iced tea. As the other poster said, there is a charge for alcholic drinks and sodas.

mommabee February 6th, 2003 08:40 AM

is the water botteled??

Salty Dawg February 6th, 2003 08:45 AM

Re: Re: beverages

Regarding bottled water-- yes, bottled water is available for a fee of about $3.25? per bottle, but it is free in the Lido restaurants out of a dispenser.

Jim Bragg February 6th, 2003 09:22 AM

Mommabee,
The water onboard the ships is very safe and actually quite good. Most ships make their own water and it is a pure as any bottled water you can buy.
Jim

Nanatravel February 6th, 2003 09:38 AM

Bottled Water like Evian sells for $2.50 to $3.50 per bottle depending on the size on board ship. Tap water is very good. Bring your own sports water bottle and fill it with ice and tap water if you are a big water drinker like me.

Gary February 6th, 2003 11:24 AM

The only thing that is free on the ship is the water out of the tap and you're lucky you don't pay for that.

joeasu February 6th, 2003 01:20 PM

Has anyone ever taken a small Brita water filter/container on the cruise ? Just came back from New York and everyone (Most people I know) have these in their fridges. Just seems like a good idea.

Joe R

ehogan February 6th, 2003 01:23 PM

One of the BEST things about Carnival is that capuccinos, espressos and lattes are (or at least they were at Jan. 02) free with your meals in the dining room.

Other cruise lines charge close to $3 for these. If you are a coffee lover and this is still the case on Carnival , take advantage of it.

lovin2cruise February 12th, 2003 09:08 PM

ehogan, thanks for the tip. I cruised on the Grand Princess last year and ordered a double espresso before each meal, it was also free.

kewlkat February 13th, 2003 01:45 AM

Tea was free, but tasted terrible. Being from the South, we have certain standards. LOL

katrina February 13th, 2003 11:03 AM

I understand - got to have some "Sweet Tea"