Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2003, 05:00 PM
NH Lady

Default Upgrade Question-Will it hold?

I had called them on Monday since the price had decreased significantly . I booked a 6b guarantee, I used the Kelly method & we hadn't been upgraded. When I talked to the rep they upgraded us to E193 (a 6D) and gave us $50.00pp shipboard credit. He then faxed me a new booking sheet with the cabin number on it. I just went to Carnival's site to order a bottle of wine for our arrival and when I put in our cabin # it said the booking couldn't be found. So I went back to the Kelly method to find our room to order the wine we've actually been upgraded to a cat. 12!!! There's still quite a few suites available accoding to their site, so do you think th upgrade will hold?? Thanks for the input.

P.S. I hope so, I ordered a REALLY goood botttle of wine-it'd be sweet to drink it on our balcony!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Upgrade Question-Will it hold?

Karen,

I have the same question you do. I just got upgraded and am getting the room decorated. I am going through a travel agent, so what I was going to do is call her about two weeks before the cruise and make sure that my order is still in for the room decoration and that the room is the correct one. I am a fiirst time cruiser so I am not sure or not if they willl upgrade or not within two weeks of your cruise, but hopefully this helped a little. Also, if you don't have a TA I would say call Carnival two weeks before and make sure your order is still in and at the correct room.
Old February 7th, 2003, 09:52 PM
abe

HN Lady is that really true you can call them and complain and they give you an upgrade and credit?? Who exactly did you call? What is the phone #. Was it carnival directly that you called or simply your travel agent. I am going on a cruise in March and we booked 2 weeks ago. THe price for that cabin is now $500 per person cheaper and I am a little steamed!! I thought it would simply be a case of too bad you booked early you pay for the guarantee that you get a room right?
Old February 7th, 2003, 10:01 PM
camille

This happened to us last year on Imagination. We booked a category 6 and were upgraded to 12...it was great ! I would just make sure you have the cabin # on your booking invoice...just in case ! Have Fun !
Old February 8th, 2003, 07:17 AM
cruisepimp

Default Re: Re: Upgrade Question-Will it hold?

abe call your'e TA immediately. They will either give you major upgrade or shipboard credit for the difference. Upgraded from a 6b to a 12 hmmm.. i ve never heard of that kind of upgrade in the years i ve been cruising. Did you pay brochure price for that 6b to begin with or what? Cheapest ive saw anyone get into a cat 12 was about 1200 a person. I m curious as to what you paid for the 6b.
Old February 8th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Admiral

I have never had a problem getting the difference refunded to me before or after payoff...(every cruise we have taken). Just had 598 dollars refunded to me for the 20 Apr Millie sailing. Maybe it is more difficult getting the refund when you use a TA because it may affect their commission ??? I would rather have the money returned to me than getting an upgrade... then IF we want to upgrade, we will but it. Of course we book what we are happy with and never depend on the upgrade fairy.

Old February 8th, 2003, 01:33 PM
cruisepimp

Hey Rick..that 598 will buy you alot of new jeans for formal night right? hehehee
Old February 8th, 2003, 01:37 PM
NH lady

Default Hey, cruisepimp-good to see you here!

I paid whatever the promotional booking fee was this summer. Yes, I paid for a 6b. It was around 479pp. (around $1,100 altogether after taxes, fees, insurance) Don't ask me why they upgraded to a 12, but sure enough, that's where their website gift ordering page says we are!! Also if you put in our original cabin #, it tells you that booking cannot be found. Maybe because we booked so early and there were a LOT of open Cat 11& 12's they upgraded the "early bookers". We were upgraded the same day that they made the ST catagory available(guaranteed suite).

Who knows why, all I know is I saved my tips for an entire summer and it looks like it might turnout to be a great vacation!!

Karen
Old February 8th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Ladyhawke

Hey NH Lady, what is the Kelly Method?? I have asked on a few other message boards, but have gotten no response.
We booked a 6A cat. on the Elation, Mex. Riv. in April with a "Guaranty". Am not counting on an upgrade, but know very little about how that works.
Thanks
Old February 8th, 2003, 08:40 PM
martinimomma.

HEY CP GOOD FOR YOU....HE CAN ALSO GET SOME MUSCLE SHIRTS TO GO WITH THE JEANS!!!! I LOVE SEEING HAIRY ARMPITS AT DINNER!!! HAHAHA.
Old February 8th, 2003, 11:12 PM
NHLady

Default How it works

You go to Carnival's gifts tab and pick anitem, add it to your cart. You then fill in your booking # where it asks for it, then you just start plugging in cabin #'s. When you haven't picked the right room, a message comes up that that booking can't be found. When youu've entered the right cabin #, your names appear. It takes some time, but it's kind of fun to try and figure out something you're not supposed to know!! I found out my room # abour 34 days before the sailing date, but I guess sometimes you need to be closer to your date. Good luck!

Karen
Old February 11th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Passenger

THe Kelly Method.

You go to the Carnival Website, under Services and Pretend to buy something, then put in your booking number, then it will ask you for your cabin number.

To find your cabin number you start entering all the cabin numbers till it will accept yours, then you know which one is your cabin.
Old February 13th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: How it works

What if I already know my room number b/c we picked it out - oh, i see you have to do guaranteed this or better.... oops. we didn't do that.

Jenni
Old February 13th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Debbie Dean

Just got home from the Sensation today.....VERY SAD I had found our cabin number (V10) about 30 days before we sailed using the Kelly method. We booked a 6A guarentee and we were upgraded to an 11. This also gave us skippers club privileges, so no waiting in line at the terminal (Yippee!) and priority off the ship. Anyway, I will post a full review after I get some sleep! I just wanted to say our upgrade DID hold. Oh, and another couple we met at embarkation had booked a 6A GTY and they got a cat. 12!! They had no idea how nice their cabin was until I showed them on the deck plan. Talk about excited!
Old February 14th, 2003, 06:54 AM
NHLady

Glad to hear that you had a great time, and a great cabin. My TA called Carnival and they told her that that indeed was our assigned rooms and included that info with our docs!! Can't hardly stand it!!