Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Victory Lido Deck

I am going to be on the Lido deck on the Carnival Victory and the question I have is the room is under the pool and the big slide. How noisy will this be and has water ever leaked in any room under a pool? Also, does anyone know what time this pool is open?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM
TROY RICHARDSON

Default Re: Carnival Victory Lido Deck

when are u going on carnival victory? im going april 13
Old February 9th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory Lido Deck

I am going in June and since this is my first cruise I am getting excited. I told my wife about our upgrade and she was a little nervous about staying in a room under the pool.
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Captain

Default Re: Carnival Victory Lido Deck

I was just on the Victory on back to back cruise Jan 5 and Jan 12, 2003. I stayed on the Lido deck. The Lido deck is the deck the pool is on. The pool would not be over your room. The water slide starts above the area that they have set up for playing ping pong so you will not be bothered by noise from the water slide.

The hours of the water slide seemed different every day. It never opened real early and was always closed during first seating at dinner time, with the exception that a couple nights they allowed the kids program to use it for a short period.

The Victory is great enjoy your cruise.
Old February 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory Lido Deck

PEB, thank you for your help. Is the pool on the Lido deck or the Panorama deck? The book looks like the Panorama deck but I am hoping you are right about it being on the Lido deck because that is a great level.

Let me know what you thought about the cruise highlights lowlights excursions, etc.
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Victory Lido Deck

Both pools are on the Lido deck. The one aft has a cover that opens and closes depending on the weather. That pool also is opened until midnight. The pool amidship is open and has tiered seating. This is also where the band will play during the day. This is also where a lot of people traffic will go to get to the buffet. People do get up early to save chairs here. This pool closes early and they do start pulling up chairs just before early dinner. Unless you are in them of course .

The Victory is a beautiful ship. Only bad part about the ship is the poor job of patching holes in the elevator. They did a tacky job there. IMHO they also go a little overboard on taking pictures in the evening. They have photo stations set up all over the place in the atrium and in Neptunes Way.

The crew did an excellent job and the food had good size portions and was very good. We only took a couple excursions through the cruise line. One in Grand Cayman and one in Ocho Rios. The excursions were done well. The Caribbean is just not my type of place. The entertainment was very good. Steve Castle was the CD. He is a little over the top but do NOT miss his juggling act. His juggling act is fantastic, it is usually done the same night as the magician.

One thing to make sure you do is check your S&S bill on the TV a couple times during your cruise. We were charged $109 for something that we had not purchased. Our tablemates at dinner also found charges on their bill that they did not make. You MUST correct errors at the place that billed you not the pursers desk.

Any specific questions feel free to email me.