Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Default Sodas on Carnival ship

Someone said that sodas (coke) in the machine on the Carnival Triumph are only $1. Is this correct? The soda card for adults seems to be $30. Is this correct?

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Jamie Gunter

Default Re: Sodas on Carnival ship

The price of the card is based on how long your cruise is. We went on a cruise in August and the total for two cards with tax, grat. was 38.00. You can call Carnivals 800 number to find out how much. I believe the cokes are more than a dollar if you order one at the bar.
Old February 13th, 2003, 04:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Sodas on Carnival ship

I have never seen a machine on a cruise ship. But that doesnt mean they arent there. the soda card is ok but you must drink a lot of Soda to make up the price. I did it in May and choose to go to individual buying this next time around. Your choice of course. Char
Old February 13th, 2003, 05:08 PM
cruisepimp

Good luck using a adult soda card. The waiter dont make anything on them and you may find it hard to get waited on. I ve never bought one but that seemed to be what everyone was complaining about on my cruise a few weeks ago
Old February 13th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Sodas on Carnival ship

I found the waiters less that eager to serve a soda card on the Destiny in Oct.
Instead of flashing your soda card, flash your sign & sail card, then when they
notice you, turn it over & show them the soda card behind it.
It works well the first time with each bartender, but you gotta make the rounds,
cause they figure you out quickly.
Old February 13th, 2003, 05:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Sodas on Carnival ship

I had no problem at all on Enchantament of Seas using soda card, the bartenders were great!
It was worth the money for me.
Mary Margaret
Old February 14th, 2003, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sodas on Carnival ship

I have to say that I found it a hassel when I cruised on the Inspiration this summer to get a coke with those cards. No matter where we were, in the lounges, dinner or on the lido deck, none of the wait staff was eager to get us a coke. Also, we ate dinner every night in the dinning room and only one night did they bring my husband a coke. Even when we asked the waiters when sitting down, they would say someone will come over to take your drink order and they never did. Of course they was eager to get me a bottle of wine quickly. I did complain to carnival about this also and they gave me a 10 percent discount on my next cruise which I just booked but lost the letter so it still did me no good. All in All, this time I am going to stick to the free Tea and Lemonade and other juices and water and Champagne in the dinning room.
Old February 15th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Familiar Face

Just backfrom the Destiny and soda from machine $1.50 12oz. can. In your room are 20oz.bottles $2.50 ea. Buy them as you need them at each port. Around .50 to .75 per can
you can bring all the soda you want on board!