Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default MISSING ELATION WOMAN

OUR NEWS CHANNLES HERE HAVE STATED THAT THERE WAS A MISSING WOMAN ON THE ELATION BACK ON JAN. 26 - FEB.2 CRUISE DATES WE HAVE HEARD SOME STORIES, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANYTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED?
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2003, 03:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

Norma, you've got to learn how to use the "search" feature of Cruisemates....that topic has been hacked to death on other posts.
Old February 14th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Captain

Default I don't remember seeing it

And a search using "missing" and "elation" comes up with junk.
Old February 14th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I don't remember seeing it

Gary, I don't think it's been hacked to death. I started the post earlier this week but I think you were the only one to reply.

Norma, I was on the Elation on 2/2. There were many stories going around but the body was found and supposedly the husband did it. I don't know how exactly it was done. I was also trying to find out but no one here seems to know anything.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old February 14th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

Gary,
I came to this web site for information and looked back at some of the topics but found nothing about this incident in the last week, so I thought I would ask for a little help from some people in the know. i will not post again on this site because of people like you!!!!
Old February 14th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: I don't remember seeing it

Diane,

I would like to thnak you for taking the time to post a message that isn't so rude. I wiil see if there is another web site that has information on it about this subject.

Again thank you!!

Norma
Old February 14th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisenut1
Default Re: Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

Norma,
Please don't let one person make or break your day. I hope you will reconsider posting on our boards, we usually are a friendly group, and hope that this doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Don't ever be afraid to say what you think here, but people are intitled to their opinions, even if we don't always agree with them.
Cher
Old February 14th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I don't remember seeing it

I too have not heard of any details that are factual enough to report as of yet so I have not made any responses. When news is released it is of course always helpful to see it posted.
Norma, I don't think Gary was intentionally trying to demean you in any fashion. Without being able to see and hear people when they 'say' something one cannot see what inflections are made which can change the meaning and tone considerably. Yes, it could be construed as being rude but it also was not a personal attack against you or any one person so I could not delete this post for violating the rules of conduct. There is a thin line we have to walk to avoid censorship and yes we do find it better in the long run to err on the side of being generous and thinking the best of people. This website is well known as being the friendliest and the one that promotes the most family like atmosphere. We try hard to maintain that outlook of respect towards all. If you check out the Internet I think you will find that unfortunately most areas are infested with those that love to attack people verbally and use horrible profanity and question anything and everything posted. Fortunately we will not allow that type behaviour here.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old February 15th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

Hi Norma,

I can understand your feeling from Gary's post, however, this board is actually a great place as I have been here since last summer and I think is the best. I will tell you that when Gary said it was hacked to death it was because he started a post back in Sept when a woman died on the Elation and it ended up with like 100 posts and folks were giving him a hard time. But I'm sure he did not mean to react to you in the manner he did. Other than you and myself who started a topic for this information apparently no one knows anything. Were you on the cruise in question, what city are you from that you heard news of it? I was on the one after that so the stories were flying! If you find out anything please let me know and please give cruisemates another chance, they really are great.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old February 15th, 2003, 01:58 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

Hi, I had a similar experience about a month ago. Someone took what I said out of context and thought I was a terrible person. I felt so bad and wanted nothing to do with Cruise mates ever again. Then i received many emails saying I had my right to my own opinion. I love cruisemates and it has been very helpful to make our cruises a huge success. Stay with us please and bear with some of us. I have not heard about the incident you are talking about. I will be looking for new posts on the subjet tho to see how it all worked out. Char
Old February 15th, 2003, 07:45 PM
First Mate

Norma & Nushnakka,

I apologize. I meant no disrespect at all. I worded everything wrong. I'm sure I saw several strings about this on another board.
Got the two confused.

Norma, please don't let my unthinking post turn you away from Cruisemates. Its a delightful website. Very helpful to many.

Nushnakka, you already know what an "idiot" poster I can be.
I'm sorry.

Gary
Old February 16th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Are we talking about the same incident as the woman who fell from a top deck to a deck below and died?

As I recall, some thought her husband or someone else threw her over. Some said she was drunk and fell.

Is this the same incident or not?

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

I believe this is a different incident. I heard something about a woman who went missing just recently. I don't remember everything but I do believe it was the Elation because it was a ship that did the Mex. Riviera. She was travelling with husband and 2 kids. They were from Vegas. She disappeared after an argument with her husband but I dn't know what happened. I don't know if she was ever found.
Old February 16th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Gary you don't need to apologize to me! I can understand where you were coming from and I wanted Norma to understand the reasoning behind your post.

Heidi, that is exactly what I heard but I believe they did find the body. Other than that it's all I know.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old February 17th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

The husaband did a inteview from Las Vegas and told of how he and his wfe had a big fight somewhere on board the ship and that he took there son and went to their cabin, he did not see his wife from that time on. Word here is no one is talking because they consider foul play, Carnival reps say it was just a rumor, still waiting to hear more.
Old February 17th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Guess I was being overly sensitive sorry, but I went back thru the threads and could not find any infor on this subject.

This incident happened the week of Jan. 26 to Feb 2 Suppsedly the husband never saw his wife after their fight but they say her body was found in an outside cabin on the upper deck that was empty and found in the upper birth closed up, some people said that there was a terrible smell for a couple of days, but know one was checking the empty cabin until it became unbearable, the news.FBI etc. are not talking here.

Norma
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Norma - this is the second death of a woman on the Elation in the last 6 months. How terrible!

Old February 25th, 2003, 01:22 AM
tammyg

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MISSING ELATION WOMAN

My family and I were on the Elation jan 26 to Feb 2 and the whole thing has been bothering me ever since. The lady had a kid (maybe two??) in Camp Carnival with my 2 year old son. It is very upsetting....my husband talked to the husband on their way to pcik up the kids at Camp Carnival. I was so hoping to check this sight and find out they had found her in Mazatlan or something. Please post if any one hears anything. Thank you
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The woman that disappeared on elation in late January of 2003 was Roberta, my best friend. Her, her husband and her 5-year old son were on the ship. Her and her husband got into a fight and went back to their cabin. Roberta stated that she was going to go for a walk. She never returned. Her body was never found. Her husband at first was a suspect but after giving him a polygraph, he was cleared of all charges. Everyone is under the assumption that after the fight, she jumped overboard. To this day, I still can't say one way or another what I believe happened. Her son is my Godson and he at this point is all that matters.
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Familiar Face

why don't cruise ships have cctv cameras that cover all open areas