Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Passenger

Default Onboard Credits

The price of my trip on the Legend has dropped significantly since my final payment was due. I called my travel agent to try and get a credit onboard. Does anyone have any experience with how this works.

Legend 4/03
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Steelrain

Default Re: Onboard Credits

I got a 2 category upgrade from 8A to 8C on Triumph sailing this saturday..Plus got $500 shipboard credit for each room. Have 8 cabins booked for our group and got upgrade for each one. Your travel agent just has to fight for you. Good luck.
Old February 17th, 2003, 01:47 PM
mary5157

I just added an extra person to my cabin and asked Carnival to "refare" me - stating that I knew it was a "soft sailing" since they still had lots of space available less than 2 weeks prior to the sailing. Well I was a verrrrry happy camper when my 3rd person went for $169 on a one week cruise. It turns out she reduced the original fares I had paid for two and added what a 3rd would cost. On this cruise I hadn't gone through a travel agent and I worked directly with Carnival. This last summer I booked through AAA and we got a refund from Carnival after they finally located my past passenger # - the refund was for the cost of the upgrade I should have had as a past passenger. It took a few months - but we got it.
Old February 17th, 2003, 03:24 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Onboard Credits

Carnival generally offers upgrades first, before shipboard credit. So decide if you would like an upgrade, we are always offered that but have been denied the shipboard credit. But going from a 4A to a 6A is nice.
All you have to do is ask, the worst they can say is no and you are in the same situation you are in now.
Old February 17th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Passenger

I also am cruising on the Legend. Today I called my travel agent who called Carnival while I was on the phone. They upgraded us to a Category 11 guarantee which we are very pleased with. They gave us no trouble at all. It can't hurt to ask!
Old February 17th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Our House

We sailed on the Imagination on 2/8/03. We had booked a year ago and watched the price drop. We got upgraded 2 levels and a $500 on-board credit. We had booked through Carnival and I just kept calling. The upgrade was easy but they only offered me $300 at 1st, I asked if they could do better or talk to their Super and 10 minutes later $500. I love free $$$!!!
Old February 17th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Passenger

i am sailing on the triumph as well, what did u do to get the free upgrade/credit?
Old February 19th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Well I got a 2 category upgrade, but I was kind of hoping for an onboard credit. But, it is better than nothing.

Legend 4/03