Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Refrigerators on Spirit?

Will my Cat. 9A room have a refrigerator? Another post mentioned ALL Spirit class cabins have them....
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2003, 11:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Refrigerators on Spirit?

Hi,

I believe all the rooms on the Spirit have small refrigerators, our balcony cabin did - however- they are stocked mini bars. If you want to use it for your own stuff - like, water, sodas, medicine that needs to be refrigerated etc... take the mini-bar items out and leave them in plain view on the counter above so that you aren't charged for them.

The prices for the items in the fridge add up to no more than you would pay anywhere else (I thought, anyway). I munched on the macadamia nuts one night and I think they were only 4 dollars. (Sounds like a lot for a small jar of nuts, huh?) But - hey - it's vacation - lol!!

I thought it was a nice convenience to be able to grab a quick snack or can of soda. There were candy bars, nuts, pringles, little bottles of liquor etc...
As soon as an item is used, it's charged to your account and promptly replaced.

This is why I say if you are not going to comsume what's stocked, leave it in plain sight so you don't get charged. I did this and put my own bottled water in there, as well as the medication I am on that I inject myself with that needs to be kept in the fridge at all times.

You need to ask your cabin steward to unlock the fridge for you , so leave a note as soon as you get to your room, or put in a call to him/her to have them unlock it.

Sorry to be so long winded- hope this helps?

Deja
Old February 21st, 2003, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Refrigerators on Spirit?

Also you can ask the cabin steward to remove the items. Although I have never done this(I just learned about it myself from many other posters).
I wonder if you have them do it for you, if they remove it from the room? If your not planning on purchasing any of the items, I think it would be better to have them removed so if something is missing you would't have to pay for it. The reason I bring this up is that is happened to us once it a hotel room. They had a mini bar that was not locked up so we moved over the stuff in it to make room for our own items. We did not consume any of the items that were from the hotel, but when we got our bill they tried to charge us for a couple of items. They ended up taking it off our bill, but its just a hassle to have to deal with it.
So, does anyone know if when they remove the items, do they take them out of the room??
CLWallag
Old February 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Refrigerators on Spirit?

THanks so much! Very glad to know we will have a little refrigerator! I had a small one that was a mini-bar on my RC cruise, and it worked just fine for our purposes!

Jenni
Old February 21st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

What date are you sailing??

We're on the March 24th Southern Itinerary.

You can email us via our profile.

22 Princess Cruises to date, with 50 cruises on all cruise lines starting in 12/2000
Old February 21st, 2003, 01:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Refrigerators on Spirit?

Same sailing as you!
Old February 22nd, 2003, 11:01 AM
Shipbound

That is good to know about the refrigerators, I'll be on the March 8,03 sailing. It's party time!!!!