Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2003, 06:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Prices on the Carnival Legend

I am leaving on the Carnival Legend on October 12th out of New York City and noticed that I got one quote from my travel agent about a week ago and today 02/21/03 the price had gone up $90.00. I was really suprrised!!!! I had wished I put my money down sooner. But today I locked in the price so it will not go any higher. I wonder did this happen because the cruise is leaving the New York City area? I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation. Please let me know....

David......
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Prices on the Carnival Legend

These cruises that are leaving NY going either to the Caribbean or Bermuda or anywhere else for that matter are big sellers and there isn't much of a discount there. Those are cruises that you want to book as early as possible and if for any reason the price drops have your TA get the lower price but chances are they will rise all the way until sailing in which case you are the smart one.
Jim

Old February 22nd, 2003, 09:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Prices on the Carnival Legend

Jim,
Thanks for your response....

David.......
Old February 23rd, 2003, 09:27 AM
Cora&Bob

We are also booked on the Legend for a June sailing. It is by far the most expensive cruise I have booked to date. Sailing from New York allows us an extra day of cruising. I don't appreciate the flights and transfers and would rather pay an extra $400.00 per person.
Don't expect the price to go anywhere but up.

Bob
Old February 23rd, 2003, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Bob is correct, these are fast selling cruises and because there is no air many still look at them as a bargain even if the price is much higher. There will be no sales on these cruises coming up but look for dates to be quickly sold out.
Jim

Old February 23rd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Joe Randazzo

I have a July 8 cruise booked on the Legend out of the big apple. From what I reserved for in November 2002, price has gone up over $600.00 for the same room grade. Glad I closed the deal back then.

Happy Cruisin...

Joe
Old February 23rd, 2003, 03:29 PM
First Mate

I am on the September 26 sailing. I booked a category 1A at $799 pp. For 8 days - with no air and a one hour trip to and from home - I think this is a bargain. I also booked early - many dates are sold out - I agree that prices will go up, not down.