Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2003, 12:47 PM
jose

Default Victory Problem!

Has anyone heard about the carnival vicrotry almost tipping over on its way to san juan on feb 10??? I found some info on cruisecritic.com
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2003, 01:39 PM
Shipbound

Default Re: Victory Problem!

Where did you hear this, that ship is at least 10 decks high it would have to hit by a tidal
wave to tip over.
Old February 22nd, 2003, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Not possible for it to almost tip over. If there is any news that is verifiable on incidents such as this it will then and only then be posted here.
Jim

Old February 22nd, 2003, 02:11 PM
josephe

haha, sorry, i guess i kind of got carried away.
a stablizer failed and the ship tipped to one side pretty bad... Link deleted (not allowed)

sry!
Old February 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Where did you read this on the cruise critic?
Old February 22nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
jose

yes... why???
Old February 23rd, 2003, 11:31 PM
M. Jackson

I caught the virus on my New Year's Eve Trip and never experienced such violent gastrointestinal episodes, uncontrolable, on going for hours, coming out from everywhere (certainly you can imagine - I don't want to be that graphic). Not only did I have to pay double for this trip as a single person, but I actually paid nearly four times the amount because it was a holiday voyage. Well, I wanted to go and if only I knew what was in store for me. I had to pay that money to get violently ill and I was charged a doctors fee too for $175.00! I am not turned off about cruising, but I am permanently turned off with CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES... When I called to complain and wanted restitution for the experience, looking for maybe an apology and half off on a future cruise, that would have made up for it - but wishful thinking... I was HUNG UP ON by a Customer Care Representative, who did not care at all and told me the cruise line is never responsible for passengers getting sick... I wanted to laugh, it is in the midst of a major epidemic ! WHO IS CARNIVAL KIDDING !!! BUYER BEWARE - sail on a cruise line that cares about it's passengers. Carnival puts on such phoney airs, they want your money, when they get you, they will show you their true colors - I have even expeeienced people in the Purser's office who were not very kind about the situation... CARNIVAL HAS LOST MY BUSINESS FOREVER AND THAT OF ALL MY FRIENDS - BEST ADVICE - DO NOT SAIL CARNIVAL !!!
Old February 24th, 2003, 04:11 PM
jose

so whats your point... were u on victory
Old February 24th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

M Jackson - give it up!!!! Fellow pax brought the virus on board...blame them!!! And if you paid 200% to cruise as a single, you did NOT do your research!

Old February 24th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Victory Problem!

Jackson, I bet you knew prior to that you would pay a premium for traveling solo on a cruise ship. I also bet you knew prior to that you would pay more for a holiday cruise.

All cruise lines are the same in those regards, so your complaint against Carnival on those two items is invalid.---more research needed prior to cruising on your part.

As far as Carnival being responsible for your getting sick, I seriously doubt that. The virus was most likely brought aboard by some other passenger, maybe even you.

I have never had a problem with Carnival's customer service. Hard to imagine them hanging up without cause. Most of the times the calls are recorded just in case some one later says that they were treated rudely.

Relax, do more research before you cruise again, get a traveling pardner and don't blame the cruise line for your ills.
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Gary R

I travel solo and have NEVER paid 200% !

People get the Norwalk Virus everywhere all the time.

This is a double post. Deal with your topic on the thread you started.
Old February 25th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Victory Problem!

Also posted under a false name so what creditability does it deserve? If I had someone screaming at me on the phone for something so obviously inapproprate and not our fault I would have hung up too.
Jim

Old February 25th, 2003, 11:17 AM
DonnaAldred

Default Re: Re: Re: Victory Problem!

Just wanted to add that while on the Triumph this past week, a young passenger had to be airlifted off...during this horrible ordeal for this family, everyone on the ship rushed to one side to see what was going on. Let me tell you, this ship was VERY lopsided, but in no way near ready to tip over. They had security quickly try to re-disperse the crowd to straighten the ship back out and all was in order.