Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2003, 04:02 AM
First Mate

Default Any suggestions?

Just returned from a Feb3 Western Caribbean trip on the Sensation. We're looking to book an Eastern Caribbean on the Triumph Feb28, 2004 and taking my 81yo mother. Can 3 persons stay comfortably in class 8 oceanview w/balcony? What booking method is recommended? TA, online, Carnival direct, book in advance, specify cabin????? I know that's a gang of questions but I'd surely appreciate the thoughts of others more experienced. Excursion recommendations also welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2003, 08:11 PM
DonnaAldred

Default Re: Any suggestions?

One thing I can say is that if you have 3 in the cabin, most likely you and your spouse and your mother, you and your spouse probably would want to share the bed. The other sleeping spots are the couch that they convert into a bed, and a pulldown murphy bed. Neither would be suitable for an 81 year old in my opinion. The murphy bed is like the top of a bunk bed, she would have great difficulty climbing up to and the couch bed doesn't pull out like a typical pull out couch. They just take the cushions off the top and make it into a bed, and it is really small. My 13-year old daughter's feet were hanging off the end of it. Perhaps you can ask your TA for different sleeping arrangments. Otherwise, this category of a cabin is PLENTY spacious. We had 5 of us sleeping in there, and the only trouble we had was when we were all trying to get ready for dinner.
Old February 27th, 2003, 04:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Any suggestions?

Thank you Donna, appreciate the help.
Old February 27th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Any suggestions?

Eastern is good for your Mother as it is less strenous. Donna has answered your questions on the bedding. Booking is always cheaper through a TA and using one you find online is just fine and they may be able to offer some of the best rates. Check the Cruise Bazaar area right here at cruisemates for some very good deals. All agents are supposed to be licensed to sell in all 50 states, (some TA's aren't as Ca and Fl have strict rules now), in addition you can always go to some of the larger searchable websites for pricing and that give you an idea of the current going rate. Never use a TA that charges additional cancellation fees above what the Cruiseline does, never use a TA that you cannot contact by phone, and never use a TA that tell you to shop around and get the best price you can from someone else and then switch booking to them and save $25.
Jim