Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Kellie

Default Any suggestions for cruising with 6-mo old?

Hi all,

We are scheduled to go on Paradise in a few weeks. We are taking our 3 year old and 6 month old with us. I'm not worried about my 3 year old because she's cruised with us before and just adjusts to whatever need be. My 6 month old is what I need advise on.

We have requested a crib, we bought a double reclining umbrella stroller which is much lighter than our regular double stroller. I'm trying to figure out this week how much food I need to take for my little piggy (6 months & 21 lbs already!). The part that I'm most "nervous" about is his napping schedule. I don't want to bring an infant seat with us if I don't have to. But I don't know of any other thing to do if we're at dinner and he decides he wants to sleep.

Also, does anyone know if they have in-cabin babysitting for infants at night?

Thanks for any advise!

Kellie
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Any suggestions for cruising with 6-mo old?

Hi Kellie

We cruised a few years back with my brother who brought his toddler - not quite as young but you should have it easier. I would just use the stroller for sleeping - i.e. bring to dining room with you and he/she can be laid down to rest there.

They do have in-cabin babysitting - check with the camp counselors as I believe most of them are available at night.

I would also bring some sort of a back pack to carry him/her around in both on the islands and on the ship. Might be easier than a stroller at times.

Enjoy your cruise - I am sure your baby will be a big hit with the staff on the ship -
Kathy