Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2003, 10:42 AM
cruisin' Hoosier

Default Changing dinner times

I purchased a cruise through icruise.com for the Inspiration. I have a lot of questions which I will post here during the time period before I leave.

My first question is: When I bought the cruise, the default setting was for early dinner seating. How difficult is it to get that changed, and if I decide I would like a different time 1 or 2 nights, how easy is it to get a different seating?
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Changing dinner times

Cruisin Hoosier,

It should not be difficult at all unless they have already filled up for the late seating. But you can't just change for 1 or 2 nights. You have either early or late for the whole cruise. Call your Travel agent and have her request that you want the late eating assignment. You probably will not know until you get your cruise documents. If for some reason they were unable to change it when you get on board go to see the Maitre D. Request the seating change through him. They have always been very accomodating in my experience.
Hope this helps.
Old March 8th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Beginner

I just got back from the Inspiration on March 2. We were at the late dinner seating. One couple that was with us had requested the earlier dinner seating. After that night, they were able to change it to the earlier seating.
If you have an questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Old March 8th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Though you can't change dinner seatings for only 1 or 2 nights, you can choose to skip the dining room on a couple of nights and eat dinner at the Lido deck buffet any time you like.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM
J-In-NH

After boarding - we went strait to the dining room that we were assigned to and asked for a change. They were willing to do it and let us chose where we wanted to sit even. Just be nice and most people are happy to please you.
Old March 9th, 2003, 11:26 AM
jaypea

Default Changing dinner times

We requested main dinner seating, but have discovered on these posts that there will be two times for the main seating, 5:45 and 6:30. Likewise the late dinner seating has two times, being 7:45 and 8:30 pm. (Carnival Triumph)

Can you just show up for one of the two times or if we are given the 5:45 seating ... can we change to 6:30 ?
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Admiral

You must go to the time you are assigned and cannot just go whenever you wish. If you are given the 5:45 and wish the 6:30 yes you can just go to the maitre D' when you first board and request a differant time and if at all possible he will accomodate you. You cannot however just change times back and forth to accomodate you on any day.
Jim

Old March 9th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

If you want "anytime dining" then cruise on NCL or Princess......you are assigned dinner times on Carnival and unless you get it changed with the maitre'd you cannot show up in the dining room whenever you want.....think of the people who you might displace who showed up when they were supposed to! You can eat at the Lido buffet whenever you want.