Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What's the best time to embark?

If you want to be first on the ship? We are leaving 3/24 out of Miami on Spirit. The Carnival info states 1:30 is the earliest you can board, but what is the truth here? The ship is scheduled to leave at 4:00 PM.

Jenni
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2003, 02:40 PM
The Harts

Default Re: What's the best time to embark?

Jenni,
We wer'e on the Triumph 2/8 and we got to the port at 11:00 am and we wer'e on the ship by 12:30. We wer'e Skippers Club, but I don't think it was that much longer that everyone got on the ship!!
Old February 25th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: What's the best time to embark?

Agreed. Show up at the terminal by 11:00 am and you'll be onboard by 12:30 or sooner more than likely. If you can't make it until 1:00 or later, don't bother standing in line. Just wait until 2:30 or 3:00 and you'll be boarding just as soon as those who've stood in line for an hour or more.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 26th, 2003, 01:07 PM
L Galloway

Default Re: What's the best time to embark?

I agree also. We sailed on Roayl Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale, but probably about the same on all. We had a 4:30 departure, showed up at noon and went straight through with no lines. Best part our room was ready so we were able to go in, change into our swim clothes and hit the pool, there was even a buffet set up. I guess they knew the early arrivals would be hungry.
Old February 26th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: What's the best time to embark?

When I boarded the Carnival Victory it took about an hour. The lines were long. (This was in Miami). I wonder how the boarding is out of New York City? I will be leaving on the Carnival Legend on Oct 12th 2003.

David
Old February 26th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Brit
Default Re: Re: Re: What's the best time to embark?

Any idea what the earliest is that you can park in the parking lots? We are driving to New Orleans this weekend to sail on 3/2 Carnival Conquest...but it is Mardi Gra weekend. Yikes. We wanted to get to the dock around 7AM Sunday, park, catch a prade or two, then try to embark around noon per your postings. Any advise?
Old February 26th, 2003, 10:28 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the best time to embark?

Brit, we are leaving out of New Orleans the day before you and I didn't stop to think about if the parking lot would be open or not. Good question as we plan to be there by at least 8:30-9:00 am. I have been told people are getting out early to get a spot for the parades and that traffic can be quite messy.