Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2003, 09:00 AM
L Galloway

Default freeport or nassau?

What are the best activities for families in Freeport or Nassau? which is better for shopping? Which is better for a day spent at the beach?

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: freeport or nassau?

In Nassau you can take the Blue Lagoon tour for a day at the beach. It's nice but crowded too. I don't get off the ship in Freeport anymore. It's nice to see the first time or two but after that it's ho-hum (to me anyway).

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 28th, 2003, 01:33 PM
JoePA

Default Re: Re: freeport or nassau?

In Nassau, for a family, I think the lagoon tour is good. In Freeport, you can take a taxi down to the market area and then take a short walk to a nice beach. It was my first time to the Bahamas and wasn't overly impressed by it. Beautiful views though. I wouldn't recommend anything in Freeport though.
Old February 28th, 2003, 02:43 PM
L Galloway

Default Re: Re: Re: freeport or nassau?

thanks for the info. my husband went about 10 years ago and wasn't thrilled with it either. they had packages stolen from them on their senior cruise while shopping in the market at freeport. we did western caribbean last year, but decided last minute to do a cruise in june so we had to go with a short itinerary because it's 2 adults and 2 kids this time around. maybe next year we can plan ahead for a bigger ship and better destinations.

Thanks
L. Galloway