CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   kelly method (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/190359-kelly-method.html)

L Galloway February 28th, 2003 03:58 PM

kelly method

i tried the kelly method, but kept getting the same thing which stated that online ordering was not allowed for guarantee cabin category. i was just wondering if others that were able to use the kelly method were also booked for a "guarantee" cabin category? it's probably still too far off for our cruise, but i am wondering if this method will ever work if you are on a "guarantee". anyone?

Tim & Tonya February 28th, 2003 04:08 PM

Re: kelly method

L. Galloway

It seems that Carnival is having a problem with their server or they have figured a way to prevent us from using the Kelly Method.
I've been keeping a watch on our cabin (a guarantee 6A) for 2 months with no problem ,night before last I started getting the same message.

eat,drink,be merry and cruuuise
Tim

coroner4u February 28th, 2003 04:16 PM

well when we called to book our cruise we got our category, and room number from the carnival rep. i am not sure if it is different if you use a travel agent.

CLWallag February 28th, 2003 05:36 PM

Re: Re: kelly method

I called and got my sister- in-laws cabin number last week, Today I thought I would check to see if anything changed and I got the same message that you did! I'm sure Carnival got wind of the Kelly Method and put an end to it!! It was nice while it lasted!
CLW

L. GAlloway February 28th, 2003 06:09 PM

Yes, with a travel agent the cruise line won't tell you anything. They tell me to talk to my travel agent, but the agent who is also a good friend, told me that the cruise line never gives out that information to them either. She told us in some ways it's better not to get a cabin number because once you have that you are locked into that cabin. Once the cabins in your guarantee are given out then they have to upgrade you to the next category, but this all depends on if it's full and ours looks like it's going to be. The same cruise on RC that we originally had booked has sold out, so no reason to think this won't be the same. Especially since it's the first week following most schools getting out. Thanks for the info.

Carol Pullen March 3rd, 2003 09:03 PM

I'm trying the Kelly method. I am not getting any error messages, I just have not located the right cabin # yet. My cruise is several months off but I do have a booking number. Does this mean I have been assigned a cabin, even if it might not be the final cabin, I end up with?

L Galloway March 5th, 2003 12:44 PM

What does it say when you search for the cabin nothing. Something should come up in red above the place where you enter the information. When I started looking it first stated that I needed to log in again because the information did not match. But now it's still stating that you can't use the service for a guarantee category cabin. Did you do a guarantee cabin?

L Galloway March 5th, 2003 02:21 PM

Okay just tried it and this is the exact wording that appears:
We are sorry, but an online order cannot be placed for a Guaranteed Category cabin. Please call 1-800-522-7648 to place your order over the phone.

Like I said maybe it's only because of that guarantee thing. Oh well I guess we'll find out when we get there.

L. Galloway

Carol Pullen March 5th, 2003 11:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: kelly method

I was able to get my cabin number using the Kelly method. It took me a couple of days to make the right entry. My sister entered every cabin in her category and did not find hers. In talking to our travel agent, she was told it was because the agent used a group rate for her that the agency was booking for and that she was would not be able to access a particular cabin but was hopeful about 30 days prior to the cruise would be notified that she has received an upgrade.

Collina March 11th, 2003 07:46 PM

What is the Kelly Method?!? (First timer here...)

ArkJudy March 11th, 2003 10:15 PM

On the last two cruises, I've used the Kelly Method to get our cabin numbers before going to ship. But on the last cruise, after getting the number using the Kelly Method, my documents arrived with my cabin number listed (same number I had found using Kelly), so it looks like they're trying to eliminate this traffic on their website by sending cabin #s on docs and stopping it on gifts. Fair enough by me!