Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:05 PM
First Mate

Default Clubbin' Clothes

Alright you ladies that know what 'clubbin' clothes' are.........do you find that they are necassary on carnival cruises or does everyone simply wear thier dinner clothes to the clubs? I'm in my mid-20's and definitley do not want to be wearing a sundress when all my fellow 'clubbers' are donning the platform shoes and tube tops!!! Also, do you know if they play top 40 or R & B in any of the clubs?

Waters
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:34 PM
AmyE

Default Re: Clubbin' Clothes

I am breakin' out the 'clubbin' clothes for the bar and club scene after dinner. I have never been on a cruise before, but I am treating it like I would if I were going to a club in the city. It also gives me a reason to shop for more clothes before we sail!
Old March 1st, 2003, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Hey....this doesn't just apply to women.

I for one refuse to party in the same boring clothes that I wore to dinner. I'm bringing my nightlife clothes with me. :-)

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Dale
Old March 2nd, 2003, 10:05 AM
MaTt AdL

Default Re: Re: Clubbin' Clothes

i have been on 5 cruises everyone changes after dinner
Old March 2nd, 2003, 10:24 AM
J-In-NH

Default Re: Re: Re: Clubbin' Clothes

I have to be honest. I just got back from a cruise and I brought my halter and club wear with me. I felt VERY out of place. The rest of the "fun" clothes I brought - I didn't even make it out of the suitcase. People are more concerned with having fun and being comfortable than wearing a tube top. Not only that but you'll be so tired from the excusions and the days events - it's not worth the effort. You can bring all your club clothes - but you'll end up in jeans.
Old March 2nd, 2003, 11:48 AM
Shipbound

Default Re: Re: Clubbin' Clothes

I usually wear the same clothes clubbin that I wore to dinner but the clothes that I wear
are nice for both event and I never wear the same thing twice.
Old March 2nd, 2003, 08:06 PM
Kellyann

The upcoming Victory 4/6 cruise will be my sixth. I have found such a mixture of outfits that no matter what you wear (except a tank top and flip flops in the dining room) you will fit in perfectly. It is a different atmosphere than a club in an urban area. Some people are still dressed from dinner and they simply look like folks that preferred not to change; while others will be in more casual wear and once again if anyone was paying attention, they'd think they changed after dinner into something more comfortable. The bottom line is everyone is there to have fun and do what works for them and nobody will pay one bit of attention to what you are wearing. Have fun and don't overpack!
Old March 4th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Lenda

I am so glad you asked this question. I am 21 and going on my first cruise March 15th and I had the same question. I am definitely bringing all of my club clothes with me, which usually consists of some tight fitting jeans and belly revealing top. I'm guessing since my cruise is around Spring Break time, many of the girls will be changing after dinner into more clubbin' attire. I love dressing in clubbin clothes and I'm going to do it, even if I AM out of place. If you've got it, flaunt it!