Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2003, 02:33 PM
SARAH H.

Default Carnival Paradise

My husband and I just got back from our first cruise and we had the best time. We sailed on the Paradise and it was a beautiful ship. I don't have anything to compare it to, but it definately lived up to my expectations. The food was excellent, the entertainment was great and the people were wonderful. I went on the ship expecting the worst, from what I've read on some of the message boards, but was surprised. We've never had such a fun vacation. I think what surprised me the most was the organization. Getting on/off the boat in Maimi and at all the ports was easy and quick. We were late arriving in Cozumel bc of a medical emergency that took us back to Grand Caymon, but they allowed us a couple extra hours at the end of our day and it worked out perfect. The only bad experience I had on the ship was the photo people ruined a roll of film and refused to refund my money. I really let it bother me at first, but I figured there was nothing I could do about it except get the word out that they did this and hope a few people reading won't develop their film on board and take the chance of this happening. I wasn't upset that they ruined the film (accidents happen), but I don't think I should have paid for them to develop the film. Unfortunately, I would not make any purchases from them and I took a few of my own pictures at their props as payback. I wanted the pictures, but didn't want them to get any of my money.

I would highly recommend this ship for any non-smokers out there.
Happy Sailing!
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Jamiegunter

Default Re: Carnival Paradise

We also sailed that same cruise and really enjoyed it! Thats a shame about your pics. We didnt get to many of their pics, because they looked awful!! I would recommend the Paradise to anyone.
Old March 7th, 2003, 05:39 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Carnival Paradise

We were there too. We bought several pictures from their photographers and were pleased with them. Sorry about your film. Walmart ruined several rolls of our film from our last trip (non-cruise), I guess it is something that happens occassionally.

We will definately be back on the Paradise trying the eastern route some time in the future.
Old March 7th, 2003, 07:00 PM
SARAH H.

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Paradise

We are planning on doing an Eastern Cruise next year. I would love to go on the Paradise again, but I'm not sure if we'll try another ship though. No matter what it will be a Carnival ship.
Walmart was able to redo the pictures from the negatives and they are perfect.