Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2003, 09:01 AM
*Julie

Default Carnival Fantasy

I'm leaving in 2 weeks for my cruise!!! I've never sailed on Carnival before...so I was looking for some reviews on the ship Fantasy and the over all carnival line. Thanks!
*Julie
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Fantasy

My wife and I sailed on the Fantasy last September. This was our first cruise and we were well pleased. The Fantasy is an older ship but is well maintained. It was very clean throughout. The crew on the ship was absolutely fantastic...always willing to help with anything. If you plan on shore excursions, I would recommend the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau. It was the highlight of our trip. I would NOT recommend the glass bottom boat...it was terribly disappointing!

Hope you have a great time!!!
Old March 8th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Admiral

We sailed Fantasy a year and a half ago. We enjoyed her service, food and shows.
Old March 8th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Fantasy a few weeks ago; she is wonderful!!! Go to lifeiscruising.com and click on reviews, and you will see my review (Dawn) of the Fantasy. Have a wonderful time; our cruise was just perfect!!

Sensation ~ 4/99
Oceanic ~ 3/98
Atlantic ~ 3/95
Atlantic ~ 9/92

"I have a caribbean soul that I can barely control"...
as sung by Jimmy Buffett.
Old March 10th, 2003, 07:41 AM
L Galloway

Hey Julie,
When you get back be sure and leave some updated opinions of the Fantasy. We sail on her June 1st.

L.Galloway
Old March 10th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Beginner

When are you leaving on the Fantasy? My sister and I leave on the Fantasy on March 30th. I can't wait!

Old March 10th, 2003, 02:24 PM
TamNMike

We sailed the Fantasy last Sept and had a wonderful time. Wonderful service, great shows and lots to do. In fact, I am taking my sisters back on her in Sept.
Tam
Old March 15th, 2003, 07:47 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival Fantasy

Red Chicky, just returned from Sensation. Had such a blast, we booked the Mar. 30 Fantasy. See you on board.
Old March 17th, 2003, 07:35 PM
LHP

Just got off the Fantasy last Thursday (03-13-03) and had a wonderful time. We were on the 4 day cruise. Yes, it is an older ship and you can tell there is some wear and tear....but everything was clean and the staff was wonderful. Be sure to tell Tom (he plays on the Promenade) that Linda (his official photographer) says HI!!! He is super talented and a lot of fun. You are in for a treat with Mark Price, the CD and his crew. What a group. Both ports were safe and clean. We did not take any ship tours....since our son only plays on the beach. We just hopped off the ship and took a taxi to The Marketplace (the beach is across the street) for $5 a person one way. In Nassau, we did The Dig....which again we just grabbed a taxi for $5 a person one way. It was awesome....if you are into aquariums. We were on the Empress deck and it was very convenient. They did Karaoke every night. The piano bar was hopping (just to smoky for me) after Jessie got to feeling better. He just had his tonsils out and had some complications. (Probably all that smoke doesn't help) But he was a real trooper and kept right on going. You will love Port Canaveral. So well laid out and easy to get around. We were eating pizza by 11:30AM!! Have a great cruise!!!
Old March 17th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Admiral

LHP--re/ the DIG at the Atlantis:
did you have to pay to go through the Dig? We stayed a week there about 1 1/2 yr ago and at that time the security people from time to time would ask for proof you were staying there.
We will be cruising with some friends and Nassau is one of the stops and our friends want to see the Atlantis and the Dig. Just wondering about a ships tour or just going over on our own,
Thanks for any info.
Old March 18th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Ron, if you go to the digs in the evening like after dinner there are no security guards then so you can see the whole thing without paying. We were there also a year and a half ago and during the day the guards stopped us but at night it was free roaming. It was nice but I don't think it would be worth paying for.
Old March 19th, 2003, 08:06 AM
LHP

Ron: We did pay $25 for adults $19 for children. We did not take the guided tour. We stayed there about 2 hours. It was well worth it to us. It is so spread out, I can see where the "guards" may or may not see you...but I figured they spent all that money building it...I am not going to cheat them out of the admission price.

A word of advice....if you love Karaoke (as I do) and you have your own cd's ...TAKE THEM. The karaoke selection stinks! The most popular cds no longer work and they have not replaced them.
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:04 PM
First Mate

Just got home from the Mar.30th sailing. Weather for all but last day, horrible! Ship was as good or better than Sensation although older. Port Canaveral terminal nicer and more effecient than Tampa. Shows better on Fantasy. Sensations crew far friendlier and I enjoyed it's itinerary more than Bahamas.
Old April 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival Fantasy

BTW, anyone else on board notice the US Navy chopper cirling the ship on trip home? It ordered the ship to make hard turn west and decrease speed. Turns out this was same time Cuban ferry boat was being hijacked and large military presence in area.
Old April 6th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Admiral

We love the 4-day Fantasy trip and are going again in June. We live in the area and can take the trip for cheap. We much prefer her to her competition; Sovereign of the Seas.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 7th, 2003, 06:03 PM
june cochran

I just off the Fantasy march 27th.Love this ship, have sailed on this boat 5 times and always had fun,but let me tell you this was the best. I was crusing alone and the staff knew it and they really looked after me,from ,my room stewart to crew all on boardI met so many people and made many friends.I didn't know how much fun it would be.I will travel alone again and not worry.I had a suite and enjoyed really being pamperd.I was off the boat by 8:30 am and on my back to Georgia by 8:40.I was still amased at the things that keep me busy. counting the days till I'm on the high seas again